• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Site Migration Information Center

I might have broke it. You said it was functional so I tried to upload a picture. Things went south right after that.

Would try to do the picture attach thing, but have no idea how to do it. (and haven't been able to find the thread explaining it)

Everything looks good so far save "no joy" on uploading pictures. Returns a "Security Error".

Cheers,
Rich

You have to authorize the "new site" address to use Adobe Flash Player. I finally clicked on the get it "here" link and it authorized and now works like it always did.

It's a Windows "Security" thing.

Went in and edited all my bookmarks from ".com" to ".org" manually. They all seem to work now. The Gallery still has ".com" in the photo addresses I noticed.

Looks overall like you did a great job Bob! A few small initial hiccups but seems to be working. I am sure we will ferret out some more little furry problems as time goes along.

med3d-bravo.gif
med3d-bravo.gif
med3d-siffle.gif
med3d-bravo.gif
med3d-bravo.gif
med3d-siffle.gif
med3d-bravo.gif
med3d-bravo.gif

Upload works with Chrome but still fails with Edge after "allowing" Adobe Flash. Doesn't like Simple upload from Edge either.

Cheers,
Rich

Upload works with Chrome but still fails with Edge after "allowing" Adobe Flash. Doesn't like Simple upload from Edge either.

Cheers,
Rich

That's not shocking Rich. Considering I didn't think the Gallery would even survive the move we're doing good.

I'm finding that the albums for those 7 I had to move manually move are not linking to their images even though the images are there. I also can't save the settings in Coppermine interface, no error returned just doesn't save.

Paul that's correct, you have to give Flash permission to run on a website and your settings would see this as new.

The .com site is still ours and will be, I'll be pointing the DNS to our new host soon, I didn't want to pull that trigger till I was sure things are working. Right now it's redirecting from our old host, can't leave it like that.

Great job Bob, there would have never been a MA without your work. I know what's involved in a move like this, rock on brother :drinks :drinks :drinks

Laurence

Working OK here once I remembered my password. I never use the gallery so not an issue for me. Good work Bob ! (y) :ro:

For the galleries not working, try an absolute path. Just my two cents. If you already tried that, never mine. Interesting that some are working and some are not.

Thanks Robert, we still have both .com and .org addresses and both domains point to the same server. It's relative links and the software handles the linkage. What's broke is the albums of some of our guys, the images are there and when you click the link the image shows, just not the thumbnail view. We'll keep pluggin at that.

I think I found another bug. I was able to upload a photo last night, but when I tried to upload 2 photos to my Acquisitions folder this message popped up.

"Disk quota exceeded.<br /> <br />You have a space quota of 1024K, your files currently use 302642K, adding this file would make you exceed your quota."

Seems like I exceeded my quota a while ago. :D

Still don't know how to attach photos. Have not found the thread that 'splains how.
cbe80a0b3291b7868a64601d96b189dd.jpg

Make smaller files Paul.

I'll take a look.

I think we had someone make us a step by step on the file attachment, it's very simple. I'll see if I can find that.

Well I was able to upload a picture thru Edge but it will not be visible until it receives Admin Approval.

Cheers,
Rich

Back