• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Site Migration Information Center

:blush: :blush: :bang head :bang head :bang head

No, I have bought the virtual server, it's up and running right now but I have not made a move to migrate.

At work we're about to enter a "Change Freeze" till the end of the fiscal year, that being said, everyone has projects they are trying to get completed and they come to me for those last steps. Again... :bang head :bang head :bang head

Hope to have this done end of summer. :zen :zen :zen

Well good luck. I am confident you will get it done perfectly and in no time. I do understand what you are going through. I was supposed to have this whole week to work on my Research, ended up going to the OR everyday.

Cheers

Alex

Rumor has it that a couple of IT Professionals had lunch and discussed SSH wGet and a host of other geeky terms. :geek

If you come by the website and you see a page that says we're in Maintenance Mode...you have one guess what we're doing. Make it count... :rotf

:mpup

Oh man, there goes my gallery.... and right after I posted pics of my latest work.

Looking forward to seeing the new digs once we move. Merry Christmas and thanks for all you do.

Oh man, there goes my gallery.... and right after I posted pics of my latest work.

Looking forward to seeing the new digs once we move. Merry Christmas and thanks for all you do.

MARK!!! :bang head :bang head :bang head

Listen closely...

Your pictures will not go away.

We will have to have a new way of getting them up on the server and I can't find that till we actually move to the new server and upgrade our long overdue and unsupported system. You'll be my first tester to make sure it works!

We can have a contest where you can put that tripod. :smack

:rotf

I think the new server could stand it, this one...not so much. :geek

Rumor has it that a couple of IT Professionals had lunch and discussed SSH wGet and a host of other geeky terms. :geek

If you come by the website and you see a page that says we're in Maintenance Mode...you have one guess what we're doing. Make it count... :rotf

And these two professionals let you sit in on their discussion?

Cheers,
Rich

And these two professionals let you sit in on their discussion?

Cheers,
Rich

:rotf :drinks

I was eavesdropping..

Good one Rich, hope you don't have an issue with your password. :bat

Yeah , and this is my thought
sleeping~0.gif

Listen closely...

We will have to have a new way of getting them up on the server and I can't find that till we actually move to the new server and upgrade our long overdue and unsupported system. You'll be my first tester to make sure it works!

Thank you Bob and my apologies for forgetting that you have things well in hand. I shall wear my bruise with pride, and as a remembrance that I shall not doubt you again. :notworthy

I'll start getting more pics soon so I'll be ready for the Big Day.

Listen closely...

Thank you Bob and my apologies for forgetting that you have things well in hand. I shall wear my bruise with pride, and as a remembrance that I shall not doubt you again. :notworthy

I'll start getting more pics soon so I'll be ready for the Big Day.

No need to stop what you're doing, when I put the site into maintenance mode you'll know we're moving.

We are going to move the site as it sits right now to a new server, once we're there I will upgrade our software to the latest and greatest which at that time, I suspect the gallery will break. There is an off chance it will not break but I seriously doubt it.

When we have the latest and greatest software running on the site then I will look for a new gallery system. At that point you can just attach photos to the forum post.

Well as you can tell we didn't get the site moved. I could not get a good backup of the site so I need to do it another way. For the technically inclined, I'm going SSH to the new server and try to do wget to pull the site over.
:geek

HA! Had successful backup last night. Now we have a single file that can be transferred to the new site. More later. :geek

Back