• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Wingnuts Gotha

That Wood and Gauges are Insanely Awesome, You have a Gift! :notworthy

On a Happy Note i got a Email Back Form Wing Nuts and there Still got Stock of this Beautiful Kit, So when i get Funds I am Going to Order IT! hopefully i can do the Level of Detail your Doing! Thanks To Paul and BoB i would of Given up on getting this KIT!

Man, who would though a cockpit takes that long to complete. Finally got the 2 fuselages sides glued together. Here are some shots before the 2 were joined together.

The over lap will not be seen.

The I.P.

Threw in some quick easy line for the rigging.

I must say that the instrument panel really impressed me! (y) Very, very nice! The woodwork decals really do the job in making it look like real wood! :good:

Thanks all.

Anyone who wants to build this plane will have the option of either an LVG or Gotha built. I have chosen the LVG MoRoTaS. You have to drill holes for new control cable guides and remove the ones for the Gotha.

Any one who reads this and has one, decide which one your are going to do and take care of this first. You have to drill some pretty big holes for the new guides and they will protrude into the fuselage quite a bit.

I did not realize that until it was too late and it was going to look hideous with those studs and now way to sand them down and make flush.

Would have been better if they would just have modled all the guides on the fuselage halves and you just sand the ones not needed down flush.

I will just have to use the guides for the Gotha build and truck on along.

No one is too blame but me. Now with that out of the way, on to the pictures.

I also found out after gluing the 2 sides together that I was left with a crease facing inwards on the bottom. My advice is to shim the bottom before gluing. 2 cut off sanding sticks worked perfect for me.

Been working on the engines. I plane to leave the cowls of one engine so I made some plugs out of this plastic rod and used eduard ignition wires.

I used this tape for the wrap, applied thin putty on top of tape and painted black.

Thats all for now, take care.

I don't blame you on building the MoRoTas plane. The biggest problem with the WNW kits is on those with either linen or extra light colors and the wings being dark grey. Why they don't use a translucent (not clear) milky semi see through plastic for the wings on planes like that I don't know. It would make the light color planes more attractive.

Looking really good (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)
If you do another WNW kit I suggest picking your scheme and then going through thhe instructions circling the mods for your bird. I do that and it makes things much easier I have also taken to writing out the changes and adding notes in earlier steps where something will have to be changed and it will be too hard to do later on.
James

Looking really good (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)
If you do another WNW kit I suggest picking your scheme and then going through thhe instructions circling the mods for your bird. I do that and it makes things much easier I have also taken to writing out the changes and adding notes in earlier steps where something will have to be changed and it will be too hard to do later on.
James

I will deffintly take this into consideration on my next WingNuts build.

Few more progress shots.

Got the exhaust all fixed up.

Base coat of Life Color red oxide followed by a bushing of pastels.

Ran rigging to the one engine that will have the side panels removed.

Both radiators fixed up.

I have a question, what would you think about replacing the cable guides with just some small O.D. brass tube glued to the side. I laid these on top as test shot.

I really want to run the true cable rigging on the side for my scheme. I believe this is the only way to achieve that.

Looking good.
The tubing looks reasonable.

Gotha%20G.IV%20406~16.%20Detail%20fuselage%20%28Thomas%20Genth%29.jpg

James

I like that idea, I think they all should be actual pass thru type guides, especially those that penetrate the wing.

Back