• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Latest Acquisitions

A Kagero mini-TOPCOLORS arrived today.

CaptPz.jpg

Artwork and brief background for 16 German vehicles captured and put into service by the Allies. Decals are included for all schemes in 1:35, 1:48 and 1:72.

Cheers,
Rich

Latest Acquisitions

A Kagero mini-TOPCOLORS arrived today.

CaptPz.jpg

Artwork and brief background for 16 German vehicles captured and put into service by the Allies. Decals are included for all schemes in 1:35, 1:48 and 1:72.

Cheers,
Rich

Sweet! I would love to have that book! Man, I need to get more jobs!

Although, I did already build "Cuckoo" in 1/72 scale; I hand lettered the writing myself, but I didn't whitewash it:

British_Panther_Cuckoo_I.jpg

Yeah, I gotta get this book!

Latest Acquisitions

Sweet! Hubert's gonna love that!

Here's my most recent acquisitions...

First off is this raffle prize I got at my local IPMS meeting. I intend to build it so that it works:

Korean_Turtle_Ship_I.jpg

Next are two purchases I made at the Brewer Brothers model expo and sale. I was selling a lot of models and magazines, and made quite a tidy sum. So, I decided to treat myself to these next two models.

This first one is the military version of the DC-6 I'm building. Now that I know what I did wrong on that one; I'll hopefully do better on this one:

Douglas_Liftmaster_I.jpg

This last one is one I never knew existed, but since it is my favorite American legend, I just had to get this model. It has moved up ahead of some others in the building queue:

SleepyHollow_I.jpg

Here's a look inside the box. How exciting!!

SleepyHollow_II.jpg

Well, that's what I got most recently. Stay tuned to see some of these being worked on in the coming weeks.

Latest Acquisitions

All of those look cool Mark. Love the [strike]Connie[/strike] oops liftmaster, but the Turtle ship and the Headless Horseman are really cool.
James

Latest Acquisitions

This last one is one I never knew existed, but since it is my favorite American legend, I just had to get this model. It has moved up ahead of some others in the building queue:

SleepyHollow_I.jpg

I live not far from Sleepy Hollow and visited every Halloween but can't now as my son is not up to it!

Regards,

Latest Acquisitions

Sweet Saul! That's too bad that he's not up to it. Maybe he's afraid the Horseman will come after him for his head! LOL! That is so cool. Maybe someday you'll see the Horseman....from a distance of course!

Thanks James! I have a Connie in 1/72 scale too. I might even start both of them after awhile, once I clear the 14 other models off my workbench.

Latest Acquisitions

Turtle Ship!!!!!

I won a bet in college because of turtle ships... A Marine, who happened to be my supervising teacher during my student teaching, declared that "Old Ironsides" was the first armored ship. Poor asshole had no idea about much of anything, except marine corps history...

Gotta see this built.

Latest Acquisitions

That rocks Barney! Yeah, I've shamed my World History and American History teachers a couple times with some of my knowledge. Ain't that fun? ;) :eek:hyeah

I may start this Turtle Ship at my next Hobby Day Friday in June. Stay tuned.

Latest Acquisitions

That rocks Barney! Yeah, I've shamed my World History and American History teachers a couple times with some of my knowledge. Ain't that fun? ;) :eek:hyeah

I may start this Turtle Ship at my next Hobby Day Friday in June. Stay tuned.

Remember doing it all the time to my history teacher in High School. Was always fun.

Latest Acquisitions

Very cool. I'm still waffling on the Object 279 kit. What do you think of it?
James

James , The Takom Soviet Object 279 is a very nice kit , Just wish that someone make aftermarket tracks for it ! Kinda like Dragon magic tracks or Fruils ! Cause the kit tracks have 4 attachment points on each link to clean up and at 82 links per run and 4 track runs = 328 track links to clean up !!! :gogo

regards
JOEY

Latest Acquisitions

Two Kinetic kits added to the stash.

Alpha Jet A/E
Alpha.jpg

Canadian Army RG-31
RG31.jpg

Cheers,
Rich

Latest Acquisitions

I missed out on the RG-31 but a few things arrived today. First off a dremel drill press as prescribed by Saul. Then the Dozer Blade for my Leopard C2 MEXAS and my Aviattic decals for my current Fokker.

DSC04569.JPG

DSC04568.JPG

Now if only my upgrade from Real Models would arrive I could start my Leo. 2 months, I'm not impressed.
James

Latest Acquisitions

Got in the new Meng Toyota truck. This one comes with a ZPU 2 instead of the ZSU 23 of the last 2 kits. I also got the new 1/32 T-6 Texan in anticipation of Zolts new African Wars decal set.

DSC04570.JPG

DSC04571.JPG

James

Latest Acquisitions

Made a visit to the LHS today for looking if there was something new, found a nice truck with 2 drilling AA guns and a figure included from Ding-hao Hobby :idonno
I put it back in the shelf and went and picked up some paints and some new #11 blades for my knife.
What do i see when i come out of the store......Veerle is standing there with a bag, and in the bag is the truck :woohoo: happy fathers day, she says! I love that girl so much!! she knows how to melt my heart (y)

P1010045.JPG

When i opened the box and looked at the sprues, it's an Afv Club kit and a very nice resin figure :D :dance

Now just finding time to build it :facepalm

//Mats

Back