• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Latest Acquisitions

I am so Yelous of that Texan and the African war decals James

That is way interesting kit Mats :woohoo:

Latest Acquisitions

Awesome Matts. Cant wait to see it. I almost bought it on ebay earlier in the year.
Dave I got mine at a good price from an ebayer in Hong Kong. You want the addy? And Zotz hasnt released the decals yet but I love the schemes. Also A2Zee have replacement canopies for it now.
James

Latest Acquisitions

Finally got some kits for parts on my 1946 campaign projects :good:

DSC01021_zps073d0a6a.jpg

Latest Acquisitions

One of the things I got w/ my birthday money finally showed up, 4 days late. Apparently the USPS feels that Birmingham, Alabama is now located between Atlanta, Georgia & Charlotte, North Carolina. So much for 2 day shipping. Ordered last Sunday, shipped on Tuesday, should have been here on Thursday, finally got it on Monday.

So anyway. Artwox wood deck set for my 1/400 Queen Mary 2 build. This set looks great. 2 sheets in the kit for the decking, also includes anchor chain.

20140603_191949.jpg

20140603_192026.jpg

20140603_192000.jpg

20140603_192044.jpg

Hopefully tomorrow the other item I bought for this build w/ birthday money will show up, a Gold Medal Models photoetch set.

Latest Acquisitions

Adam that is one sweet looking set of decking! Man that will really make this ship pop! I can't wait to see you begin this one.

Latest Acquisitions

Adam,

The deck set looks very interesting. Can you tell us how it's made up. I can't figure it out from the pictures. Is it laser cut, or printed on a laser cut background? Will you need to x-acto the pieces off the sheet or what?

Thanks and happy building!

Bill

Latest Acquisitions

And amazingly the Gold Medal Models photoetch set I showed up today. Not entirely sure I'd purchase from the same ebay seller again in the future, but it was a good deal and it arrived, so I can live w/ it.

This set is just crazy. I'm really worried now I've bitten off a lot more than I can chew w/ this build, haha.

20140604_192235.jpg

There are 150 folding lounge chairs, 90 tanning lounges, and 12 cafe tables w/ 70 chairs.

20140604_192247.jpg

They even include a captain figure.

20140604_192300.jpg

Trying to decide whether to pull the kit out and start some basic construction, so that I can start planning out wiring & lighting, and start figuring out what photoetch I need to make up to go w/ what came in the GMM set.

Latest Acquisitions

Wow, Adam, that's a lot of Photo-etch! But with your skills, I know you can do it.

James, that is incredible! I would love to have one of those "terminators" in 1/72 scale.....

Latest Acquisitions

Not model related, but I found a First Edition (1931) copy of a book written from the diaries of a first cousin (twice removed), Capt. James Charles Critchell Bullock. He met John Hornby in Edmonton and between 1923 and 1926, he accompanied him into Canada's north, living off the land in the area between Great Slave Lake and Hudson Bay. They survived their expedition but barely. Hornby was not so lucky on his next trip, his three man party succumbed to starvation during the winter of 1926-27.

Snowman.jpg

Snowman2.jpg

J.C.C. Bullock had previously served with the 18th King George's Own Lancers, British Indian Army (now 19th Lancers, Pakistan Army) in France and Palestine as part of the Indian Cavalry Corps during WW1.

Cheers,
Rich

Latest Acquisitions

Bought too much today. But these 2 were things I really wanted. Got the vignette for a real good price.

DSC04785.JPG

DSC04784.JPG

Georgia is checking out the purchases.
JAmes

Latest Acquisitions

Big box from Asia came yesterday! AFV Club, Meng, Trumpeter were in attendance but the AMK L-29 Delfin was delayed. Also expected was a package with new scalpel handles & blades, LifeColor Tank Interior paints, and resin tid bits.

Let's begin with the AFV Club:
AC3201AC3203AC3204.JPG

I love it when a vendor tosses in stuff and asks for a review. Sadly, I don't have any of these kits so I will be sending the large scale ones to James Knaus.

AC35206AG35085.JPG

The anti-skid texture seems too fine for me. The ammunition comes with PE and decals.

AF35201.JPG

OK, this means I need to get rid of my Valentine Mk II since this Rotatrailer comes with a complete Valentine Mk II kit!

AF35267.JPG

AFV Club must be really proud of this kit as it is the most elaborate box ever. New sprues include the reactive armor and weapons.

AF35270.JPG

This is the four wheel drive version of the earlier kit.

Regards,

Latest Acquisitions

Here's some new stuff from yesterday.

DSC01523.JPG

Lots of detail.

DSC01522.JPG

Cylon Raider in 1/32 scale.

DSC01524.JPG

DSC01525.JPG

17 inches across. A really big model that was made strait from the original movie model. It has some very interesting details, but more on that later.

Terry :D

Back