• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Fokker Eindecker

:coolio
I think you got the effect spot on, just the pattern is different. I still think it looks good and suits the model.
Good one MP :dude

Ian.

Thank you Ian, Pattern would have been unique on each aircraft as they were hand applied. I tried to brush with the though of a person in arms reach of the area he was working in, think I got lost some spots. the swirls may have hypmotized me...

A good friend said to me, let's model for enjoyment and have fun, well I think your take on the metal worked cowl is damned good and I personally would go with that, nice!

Not sure which setting looked best, with or without flash.

what's your camera and flash ?

if you are using a SLR 35mm with add on flash, tilt and swivel the flash head to create a bounce flash off a wall or white card,and you won't get that hotspot of light that drowns out the detail.

HTH

What camera Phil? Samsung Galaxy S3, the battery cover on my old Fuji has busted and I don't think it can be repaired and figure this Samsung has a 10mpixel camera so I'm just using it instead. Hardly a SLR, who knows, might have Santa hook me up this year.

Thanks, moving forward. :pilot

Update

Tedious progress, nothing earth shaking.

did I tell ya I masked off the metal area to spray for the CDL and when I pulled the mask off the paint came off?? No??? Well IT FREAKIN DID!!! :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head

No biggy, just redid it, again. Actually think it came out better this time around.
this shots are not the repair shots.

hf8b7738.jpg

Prop turned out nice if I say so myself. :patmyselfonback :beer

he184db7.jpg

So we got this part right here.

h47b37a5.jpg

It's the mast to hold up the rigging for the wing warping system. Those two wing things should be turn buckles as you can see from the nice picture in the instructions. But they don't lend themselves well for rigging.

James I think you're right about the 1:48 turn buckels working better for control lines. These look like some heavy duty turn buckles and the 1:32 scale ones look spot on.

h8246f95.jpg

So I opened up my dusty ol' brain and wondered what to do?

got some brass square rod (if that's the term) and opened it up, drilled a couple of holes and rigged up some Scale Hardware to attach the turnbuckles with. Now the fun part.

h734ca13.jpg

I gotta figure out how to make that work with the kit part. Think I'll cut off the kit turnbuckles and cut a slit on the top and slide the new assembly down in there. Only hope everything is strong enough for cutting here and there.

Now I gotta figure out how to make that Pulley.

I was going to cut off the turn buckles, drill through and then insert the pinned turnbuckles Bob. I've seen it done and it looks good. BTW the turnbuckles on this bird were coloured red on the right and green on the left. Weird huh?
James

Really? that's odd, thought standard nav lights were opposite. Guess it depends on which way you're looking. :rotf

Hmm..yeah I can see that working very easily. But I've made this attachment point so I'm going to try it. Think I will test it on the other mast that comes with the kit, if I can do it right there the second one will be a snap.

I don't understand you WWI aficionados. I'd be going bat poop crazy with all that rigging. :gogo :silly: :gogo

Still, I am :popcorn

Well here's the Mast or whatever they call it all rigged up. Think there's another support wire that comes up to the foward attachment point but will figure that out when I get it installed.

hc54f666.jpg

he5a6884.jpg

Dry fit
h58e80d1.jpg

I have the landing gear legs built up and dry fit is ok. Rigging on the underside is very complex and I'm kinda stoked as there was some rigging that passes through the floor that I didn't realize. Really wish there was a heads up in the instructions regarding this but ultimately it was my not doing my homework. I'll rig it up somehow. Going to try really hard to resist temptation to open the fuselage up to get to those attachment points. :facepalm

Back