• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Fokker Eindecker

hfd54098.jpg

Thinking maybe I should put the Fokker decal on the wood itself and put polyurethane coating over the top of it.

Whacha think?

I would do that, but move the decal around anti-clockwise a little so that it sits on the flat wood more in that gap, facing out at a angle directly out from the wing root meeting the fuselage. IMHO This will stop the plane being so 'square-on' and make the display more interesting as a whole, with the correct balance for the decal . You can always turn it toward the front to look at other angles but the more rear angle allows the interesting detail of the cockpit and the wing shape, plus the broad surface with the staining, to be fully appreciated at the best angle.

The work on the plane is fantastic Bob - I think this is your new best standard to beat!
- Your propeller finish and cowling really look beautiful.
- The rigging and scratch work with the control horns is just Masterclass work! :notworthy
- I like the weathering but feel it's a little strong but still looks good.

Great build -I hope mine comes out this good when I get around to it.
I will definitely have to get some further tips on rigging , control horns and the Tie downs.
Maybe you can do a Sprue university 'how-to' on this subject? :coolio :geek :good: :eek:hyeah

Ian.

Beggin' Mr T's pardon, I'd have to agree with Ian. Having things at angles increases the interest level of the viewer- parallel lines are kinda boring- angles add dynamic tension.

A great build, Moon- you really have done a great job on a great kit!

:drinks

Holy cow Ian, I may never build another model now...Thank you kindly but remember, you got the best pictures :rotf

I'm not real thrilled with my name plate. Didn't turn out like I had in my mind. Glad I got two of these decals. I think I follow you on how to angle it, we'll give it a shot. :drinks

Hope this is what you guys were talking about because i'm pretty much committed now.

Aircraft is not attached to the base yet, not sure I will do that right now.

h35c9be9.jpg

I think You've done an absolutely Fabulous Job .... on this If she don't bring a blue Ribbon ..... You need to beat all the Judges into submission ...... WoW what a build .... as for the plague I Think it would look very good done like that ... :notworthy (y) :notworthy

I had to go back and read the thread for the first time. Well done, indeed.
The final display is very impressive (y)

Back