• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

C.S.S. H. L. Hunley Sub Verlinden Resin 1/32 scale

C.S.S. H.L. Hunley Mini-Sub (adding hatches) 1/32

Thanks MP, I've been magnetizing my WH 40K for years, So I said why not? if you were to hit these with your hand they would just detach themselves, and not break, Resin is so un-predictable :captain

C.S.S. H. L. Hunley Man Powered Mini-Sub 1/32

Thanks. Piet Yes, when we were watching the iron filing in school I was paying attention.

C.S.S. H.L. Hunley Mini-Sub (adding hatches) 1/32

Yes very interesting, your package is on it's way, should be there Mon or Tuesday

Thanks My fellow Modelers, I'm glad you like it, Now one day I'll get back on my fiber-optic lighting project.

Now For the somebody stop me area of this build, :hmmm :smack :frantic

h8aa5807.JPG

h48eae84.JPG

Ok the Magnets worked great, and I got the polarity right very important, or else you could have a repelling experience.

h35ce436.JPG

h1eeb3d1_2015-10-28.JPG

Someone told me this porthole would look great drilled out, it must be the voices, :frantic

h66d6165.JPG

h9c797c1.JPG

So out comes the window maker, waiting for the drying effect,

h71ec063.JPG

Oh also while listening this morning, the voices said there must be some hinges for these hatch covers, so I looked in the box, they were right.
:captain

Gerry over & out - C&C most Welcome

Just getting caught up on this now Gerry. That's what happens when you miss a couple weeks on here!

Lovin' the mods you are making to this! It's really looking awesome!

(y)

Interesting subject Gerry! I saw a TV movie about the Hunley a number of years ago and found it intriging.

(y) (y)

:popcorn

Just getting caught up on this now Gerry. That's what happens when you miss a couple weeks on here!

(y)

Welcome Back Warren & thanks, I'm really thinking about drilling the area out under hatches, on the inside of Hull, I have drawings of inside so I could add interior detail, so keep watching, lots to do yet.

Thanks James & Paul, I think You can find the Hunley story on Netflix :captain

(y)

Welcome Back Warren & thanks, I'm really thinking about drilling the area out under hatches, on the inside of Hull, I have drawings of inside so I could add interior detail, so keep watching, lots to do yet.

AMS at it's best!! pass da :popcorn dis'll be interesting fer sure!! :hmmm

h71ec063_2015-10-30.JPG

h8576dcb.JPG

hc8f69fa.JPG

here's the hinges, painted & the porthole is dry, not sure if there's a bubble in it or not. The reason I haven't cut the hinges off is I'm looking at getting some magnets to hold them on.

Thanks My fellow Modelers, I'm glad you like it, Now one day I'll get back on my fiber-optic lighting project.

Now For the somebody stop me area of this build, :hmmm :smack :frantic
Someone told me this porthole would look great drilled out, it must be the voices, :frantic

h66d6165.JPG

h9c797c1.JPG

Oh also while listening this morning, the voices said there must be some hinges for these hatch covers, so I looked in the box, they were right.
:captain

Gerry over & out - C&C most Welcome

Looking at these 2 pics [& that of the painted hinges], looks like it'll be almost impossible to add magnets. Not saying you can't, I'm sure you'll find a way... :good: :popcorn

Back