• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

C.S.S. H. L. Hunley Sub Verlinden Resin 1/32 scale

C.S.S. H. L. Hunley Man Powered Mini-Sub 1/32

:hmmm Yeah, that may do it Gerry... ya gonna put that in the"hinge pin" area?

Ok still no joy with my camera, connecting to the computer I may have to go as far as a System restore. anyway I worked on both my current projects, painted F-5 seatbelts, and I installed two magnets in two hinges. Sure I have photos just can't get them in the computer. now I needed some small metal pieces for the hatches, so I used a piece of that anti-theft strip that is in those things Wally World doesn't want you to steal. I think it will work, waiting for CA to dry then We will know.

Ok still no joy with my camera, connecting to the computer I may have to go as far as a System restore. anyway I worked on both my current projects, painted F-5 seatbelts, and I installed two magnets in two hinges. Sure I have photos just can't get them in the computer. now I needed some small metal pieces for the hatches, so I used a piece of that anti-theft strip that is in those things Wally World doesn't want you to steal. I think it will work, waiting for CA to dry then We will know.

:hmmm :popcorn

Well this sucks!!! I spent about 1 hour typing in stuff adding pictures and when I posted it I wasn't connected to the net. Lost every thing, Crap I need to get over this then I may try again.

Well this sucks!!! I spent about 1 hour typing in stuff adding pictures and when I posted it I wasn't connected to the net. Lost every thing, Crap I need to get over this then I may try again.

To err is human but, ta really foul things up requires the aid of a computer... :bang head :bang head

Er, yeah there's a time out. If I have a really long post I'm working on, just before posting, I select all the text of the post and copy it, then if it has timed out I can just paste it back in the next time.

Sorry Gerry.

Er, yeah there's a time out. If I have a really long post I'm working on, just before posting, I select all the text of the post and copy it, then if it has timed out I can just paste it back in the next time.

Sorry Gerry.

(y)

Ok I'll try one more time ... :hmmm

h36af414.JPG

h874816c.JPG

h4047195.JPG

I started doing the hinges, drilling a small hole, then a bit bigger then I used this last forstner type bit, to make a flat bottom hole. all this is done by hand. a dremel would break the resin.

hec44f6c.JPG

h1dec3e1.JPG

h6fdeed9.JPG

I put the magnets in they wouldn't go deep enough for two on each hinge, so I took some of the metal from a anti-theft device, that comes in your packages, surprised to find they are magnetic also, :hmmm

h2d223f9.JPG

he80b2bd.JPG

h2c3287f.JPG

h0f84972.JPG

I found this morning that the little piece of metal fell of, but upon scrapping the hatch hinge area the CA stuck to the paint, so I'll have to, sand the sheen off of the metal, to make the CA stick. That's Where I'm at of this, if I can get this piece of metal to stick on the hatch, will be almost ready for that ribbon.

Cheers - Gerry .... C&C Welcome

Thanks James, when I returned home, I found the CA still didn't work, Then I remembered this other glue I had so I decided to try it out on the problem.

h8ac84fc.JPG

h41edb2d.JPG

After the glue set, it really looked like it was going to work,

he750cf1.JPG

h99c91f4.JPG

I tried both sides, they are working great shown by these photos, Thanks Kenny for such a nice product. Now went the new Black paint is dry, I'll proceed.

Well this morning looks like the gator glue is going to work out, the hinges don't fit well, must be a mod I need to do, but the magnets are holding the hinges.

h113f04f.JPG

Cheerio Mates - Gerry once again Thanks Kenny

You know I think ya'll might be right, good thing there's not a polarity with these, Ya'll have inspired me to go and give Her another look see, amazing what a camera shows. :skipper :captain :skipper

Al-righty then, I've worked it over, filed the edge of hatch way down, reversed ther way the hinges were on the hatch.

h6b598e7.JPG

hef9dae8.JPG

The hinges will need some fine tuning before I go for the CA

Back