• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

BV 138 Flying Clog

Well, Bob I used the contour gauge from the start cut it out of cardboard and trial and adjust from there.

Think I redrew and cut out three or four different sets before my first sprue one.

Start big and keep removing small amount till it fits then punt :gogo

I think the gauge would be more helpful in the larger scales .

Probably the most helpful would be to have an extra kit that you could cut up at different stations and outline pieces.

The interior shape on this bird is not even identical from left to right. :vmad

Cheers, Christian B)

:S I have a Revell re-box in stash... not a easy build. Great upgrade Chris! :popcorn

All the best!
Dusan.

Thanks Dusan . Not even an easy fit together, but things are starting to look up.

Working on the last of the rear decks now.

Of course there will be more things to put in there but once the deck and the bulkheads are in it should get better :)

Cheers, Christian B)

I have added the deck and the rest of the bulkheads . :)

clog_interior_001_a.jpg

Even an access door for the dorsal gunner is opened.

clog_interior_002_a.jpg

Hope to start adding details soon.

Thanks for looking, Christian B)

You are a master of transforming these wonderful old kits, Christian- what a treat to see unfolding! :coolio

After a week long visit from my daughter and son in law , I am back at the table .

I only managed some light construction last night to that nasty machine gun position .

The notched out place aft of the turret is for a towing station that the kit does not even address . :(

clog_turrets_001_a.jpg

and just looking around the turret positions to see what will be needed .

clog_turrets_002_a.jpg

Thanks for looking. Cheers, Christian B)

They would tow it backwards? Your attention to detail is really going to pay off Chris. :popcorn

Not sure if it was there for towing purposes only but I have at least one picture where it was being towed backwards . Doesn't seem like it would work well to me.

There is a winch up front as well which seems to be used to hook up to subs , ext for refueling .

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks for looking in T . You're right , this is a project. :fencing

Glad I waited this long to build it. I was not nearly this prepared to build it back in those days :S

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks Mike . Just had to tear out the machine gun emplacement and start over . Just couldn't get the ring to lay in there flat :fencing This close enough now though . :)

Thanks Ron for looking in on me . Soon as we get it floating, we're gonna head towards the Netherlands .
I hear there's lots of water that way :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

NIFTY! Was the BV-138 one of the diesel powered flying boats? Keep on, Keepin' on!! :popcorn :good:

Indeed it was a diesel powered boat. Judging by the pictures I have here it really was built very much like a boat .

Thanks for looking in Chris .

Cheers, Christian B)

Looking good Chris. I cant believe the amount of work you have to do on this. For me it would have been a deal breaker already. Keep it up, I'm enjoying watching how you go about this build.
James

Back