• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

BV 138 Flying Clog

I have one or more of these in the stash so will be watching with interest. I'm still holding out for a 1/48 injection molded version. My holy grail has been to acquire the 1/48 scale resin kit but thus far the opportunity has eluded me.

After two days of sanding and scribing, there is little progress to show but the wing halves are ready to be glued together.

clog_wings_002a.jpg

Clog_wings_003a.jpg

clog_wing2_001a.jpg

I also cut out what appears to be cooling gills and made some new ones. Not sure I improved it :idonno

To quote a ship builder " this will take awhile.. "

Thanks for looking in. Cheers, Christian B)

The scribing looks good to me. I have a very hard time doing that myself.

Keep it up :good:

Thanks Dave, Randy :)

I noticed this morning that my left arm was sore from holding the ruler and the work down for scribing yesterday. Think I'll do something easier tomorrow :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

Oo, I'm looking forward to this one. Got it in the stash and started a little of the scribing. That's going to be a big job!

This is a plane kit that could use a re-tool!

This website might help Christian

http://home.swipnet.se/our_stuff/Planes/BV138.htm

:popcorn

Thanks guys for the interest in such a little known plane.

I have found a magazine in my archive as well as a German book on this aircraft but there are still a lot of things that are difficult to figure out since the pictures are so dark in appearance.

Never the less, I have managed to sand and re-scribe the tail booms and open what looked like scoops on the wings and engine compartments that actually have pipes protruding through the skin.

BW_138_scribbing_004a.jpg

Scribbing over the boom splines has been particularly irritating .

The air intakes for the # 1 & 3 engines have been misrepresented by Italieri . I fixed that by opening it up . Still need to make some Radiator screens and close them up.

BW_138_scribbing_002a.jpg

I 'll fix some of my scribing errors while I tinker on the Macchi.

Thanks for looking. Cheers, Christian B)

Oo, I'm looking forward to this one. Got it in the stash and started a little of the scribing. That's going to be a big job!

This is a plane kit that could use a re-tool!

This website might help Christian

home.swipnet.se/our_stuff/Planes/BV138.htm

Thanks Warren . I did not realize there was as much to that Webb site in the first time I glanced at it .

I have found several pictures that will help .

Many thanks (y) Christian B)

Just reading the Wiki on this. It was powered by Diesel engines? I've always wondered why Diesels are not used in aircraft powerplants.

http://home.swipnet.se/our_stuff/Planes/Pictures/Bussard.jpg

What the... :eek:hmy: :idonno

Glad to see you're still working on this Christian! (y) (y)

Looks like some work there Chris. Will be interesting watching you whip it into shape.
James

Just reading the Wiki on this. It was powered by Diesel engines? I've always wondered why Diesels are not used in aircraft powerplants.

Actually, there was some use of the diesels Bob. The JU 86D used them for a while.

I don't recall the reason but they fell out of favor . Maybe it was their large size .

JU_86D.jpg

A large part of the JU 86 series were exported.

Cheers, Christian B)

Back