• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A PZ IV BEING DONE AT SOUTH POLE...

Not only are you an amazing modeler but a hardy and adventurous souls as well. The only place I want to see ice is in a glass, mate!

Cheers-
chuk

Oi Luiz!

As a fellow Brazilian I have to thank you for your service time in the South Pole... although it does seem like you're having the time of your life down there! :lol: All your spare time for the hobby, no questions asked... ain't that just splendid?!? B)

I just bought my two first model tanks: a 1/35 Tiger from Tamiya and a Pz. Kpfw.IV Ausf.F2(G), also in 1/35, from Dragon - probably very similar to the one you're so competently building. I did order a link-by-link set of tracks from AFV, as well as a detail set from Verlinden, both for the Tiger I. Considering that I've never done anything PE wise and having seen your work with the Pz IV, I'm starting to ask myself if I didn't screw up...
emoticon_naoseinao.gif
Man, putting together those tiny little PEs must be so darn difficult! :blink

Anyway, what I really wanted to say is that it's an incredible job you're doing there! I mean the model building! :lol: And I'm learning many a thing from just looking at your pics (great job there too) and reading your notes. And, last but not least, I must say that you are also an accomplished adventure-photographer - your wonderful scenery/wildlife pictures attest to it!
emoticon_palmas2.gif

Have a nice time and take care!

Abração (big hug),
emoticon_cheers.gif

Fernão

Hi Luiz,

I don' stop saying FANTASTIC, INCREDIBLE, etc, etc(many many praiseful words)
Realy perfect zimmerit I like this.
What will the camo?(I don't remember if you say it)

Cheers.
Pavel

Hi all!

...thanks a lot my friends,Terry,Iron Mike,moon puppy,Tom,James,Alex,Jose,Tim,Chuck.Fernão and Pavel...your comments are very appreciate!...I like it very much!

..."fala cachorrão(big dog)estou gostando muito de seus comentários e pitacos...seu ingles é dez!...aquele abraço!"

...now,coming back to the work...dealing with the Schurtzen brackets...a terrible job :( ...a lot of soldering...

... Last Sunday,yesterday, me and four friends, we made a climb to the Morro da Cruz, a lovely walk ... a wonderful sunset, but a cold-five degrees below zero ... check the pics ...

...hope you like...see you soon!

Best regards for all!

Luiz.

Again another excellent post. And an awesome idea. I never thought to solder with the piece still in the pe sprue. That is really cool. -5 I assume celcius. Weather says we'll be at -2 by Friday. Only 3 when I got up this morning. I can believe that this is going to be a long and cold winter. So I'll be joining you in the freezer by this weekend.
James

Luiz,
Great build... Love to follow it and love the pictures that you
send of the outside scenery.
Now I know why I don't have a clue about working with brass.
You are amazing.
Shawn

Luiz,

Great work as usual and what a fantastic place that only a tiny percentage of humans will ever experience!

You are something else Man!

Bob

Hi Luiz,

Nice to see you here again, what with all the freezing temps and bad weather that can get in your way down there, eh! I used to speak/write very well in English, but that was some 30 years ago... now I'm always checking the online dictionaries to avoid writing silly stuff! :unsure:

You know that I'm a total newb to this plastic militaria thing, so you won't mind me saying that I find it amazing what you can do with such teeny weeny little bits of metal: I wouldn't even know how to handle them in the first place! You, well you just do what you want with them... it really is astonishing to my neewbie eyes.
emoticon_nod.gif
But dig this: I'm learning!
emoticon_study.png
4.gif

Thanks also for the beautiful pictures of the South Pole: you are a very good photographer and I guess most peolple here have come to expect them along with your build posts!
NotWorthy.gif

Cheers and take care! :)
Fernão
PS: meu apelido no meio motociclístico é esse mesmo - Cachorrão! (My nickname among my motorcycle buddies is efectively Big Dog!)
emoticon_nod.gif

LUIZ,

Those Schurtzen brackets are Awesome !! Great Job on the Soldiering !! That Zimmerit is Stellar ! That Pz IV is Sooo Hot, you better not get it close the Polar Caps !! :evil: :woohoo:

Great Job Luiz !!

ERIK

Lu it looks smashing! Gotta love Schurtzen!

BigDog a Schurtzen bracket is where you hang your shirt before you go to bed. Actually its the brackets that hold the removable metal sheilds that adorn Pz III/IV and Stugs.

Wouldn't that be before you go to bedzen? :laugh: Awesome work and photos as usual, Luiz!

Brilliant soldering work- and the photos of the great outdoors are simply amazing. Me? Ice belongs only in a glass!

Cheers!
chuk

Hi all!

...dear friends,James,Terry,Shawn,Bob,Fernão,Laura,ERIK,John,Iron Mike and Chuck,thanks a lot for the support...very,very appreciate!

@James... Usually, around here, what bothers us most are the winds, very strong, with temperatures of 2 degrees Celsius combined with winds of 40 knots we felt a cold of negative 25 degrees Celsius (thermal sensation).

@Fernão...John is sure...Schurtzen,em alemão,significam placas de blindagem laterais de proteção normalmente utilizadas pelos PzIII,PzIV e Stugs.Estas placas protegiam os blindados de projéteis,principalmente os de baixo calibre...

...now following with the Schurtzen brackets...

...and the work must go on outside and inside the Station...under a beautiful sunny day we must work on several tasks...one of the them is the assembly of five cabins for the research personal...at this stage we are doing the thermal insulation for this compartment...

...see the pics...one of them is me with my RSO with OSTKETTEN :lol: :lol: ...

...hope you like this update....best regards for all!

Luiz.

:lol:

I hear you about wind chill. I imagine you also get the -40 days with 20 - 30 knot winds which are really horrid. I think my coldest day was -54 out on the range shooting. Never been so cold in my life. Tonight should be a thrill, first snow of the year being called for.

I'm surprised you guys dont have prefabs but instead build on site.

The build is coming along really nicely. I really enjoy watching this and seeing the South Pole also.
James

Good lord James...Snow! are you at the north pole :lol:

The brackets look great Luiz! I would have the whole assembly looking more like a pretzel.
Nice shots and keep 'em coming (y)

Tim

Luiz, the build is top notch! It's been almost 80 days this summer with 90+ degree F temperatures, so seeing the snow is refreshing! James, I feel for you! I guess your winters are as long and extreme as our summers? :S

Iron Mike wrote:
Luiz, the build is top notch! It's been almost 80 days this summer with 90+ degree F temperatures, so seeing the snow is refreshing! James, I feel for you! I guess your winters are as long and extreme as our summers? :S

This year has been whacked. This is kind of early for the temps to be in the negatives, and the snow will suck if it stays. Had a flurry at supper but it didnt last. I need to move somewhere tropical.
James

Back