• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A PZ IV BEING DONE AT SOUTH POLE...

Hi Luiz! It's the hot summer months at the moment which does not leave any energy and spirit to model! However I'm slowly putting together 2 dioramas at the moment.

Even though you are not in the comfort of your workbench at home you still produce an excellent and super neat build! Beautiful work you are doing with the PE! Nice photography too!

Best regards
Noel

Beautiful photo's of Antarctica Luiz just awesome

Your etch and soldering skills are second to none , out standing , as well as a great clean build

thanks for sharing

Matt :)

LUIS,

Simply Awesome !! The Fenders are Lookin' SooWeet !! Th Pix of th 'Pole equally Stunning. WOW ! Airdropped Models !! Does it get any better than that ??

I can't wait to see More pix this Build ! Great Job Luis !!

ERIK

Hi all!

...friends,Shawn,Noel,Matt,Erik and Jenny...very important your support for me...many thanks all of you!

@Noel...the Malta´s summer must be like the city where I live(Rio de Janeiro)...terrible :evil: ...the Antarctic weather is very good to modelling ;) ...

@Jenny...I also see the ships at Hobart(...web images...)and it´s more or less near from here...

...thanks a lot for the hint...Blast Models...I must have one set for my UHU! B)

...working on the front mudguards...

...on the next...I´ll starting the ON VEHICLE EQUIPMEN job...a lot of soldering j to do :unsure:

...as usual I´ll share with you some pics of this paradise...

...hope you like this update...and see you soon!

Best regards for all!

Luiz.

Hi Luiz

Your metal work is amazing, heck just get rid of the plastic parts and do it all in brass :)

There is something missing for me following this build thread...POPCORN !

If the second photo of the penguine diving into the icy water was a bilboard advertizing the southpole here in STEAMY Chattanooga TN. you would have alot of company down there!

Tim

:) great progress Liuz - love the brass.

Amazing photo's of where you work - you have a life of adventure.

Keep yourself warm!

Ian.

Hi friends!

Thank you veru much...my friends,Tim,Jenny and Ian...nice words,always,motivate myself to go ahead...

@Tim...popcorn?...this is great!

@Jenny...yes,one of my colleagues enjoy modelling too...his nick is Swachy...and,soon,he´ll be joining our TnT family...

...usually,the type of whale that we can see here is the JUBART...okay?

...starting a new step...ON VEHICLE EQUIPMENT...

...more pics of this wonderful place...

...hope you like my progress and the photos!

Best for all!

Luiz.

The work your doing is amazing. I love the photos of where you are as well. Looks like it would be a beautiful place to visit. Keep on inspiring.
James

Luiz,
Always great to see what you have posted (models, scenery or wildlife).
Keep up the great work on the model and photo journal of your stay.
Shawn

You certainly have some of the neatest and cleanest metalwork I have seen. My own soldering iron and tips are still sitting in a drawer unused after being purchased more than 6 months ago. I know I am not going to have a chance to be as good as you unless I break them out and give it a go but I wish I could just skip to your skill level.
Forget the logistics of forgetting to bring an important bit of kit with you ... how do you go with the cold and things like glues and putties? Do you paint models there or bring them home to do that side of things?

Beautiful photography and scenery. You can definately brag about being somewhere most others will never get a chance to visit.

I have done quite a bit of remote area work with my own job and was offered a position working with the Aussies there a few years back.( Well more than 10yrs. to be precise!) Sometimes I wish I had gone as it wouldn't have been forever and not many people get to be able to say they had penguins and seals in their backyard.

Happy modelling.... Jo.

LUIS,

I gotta agree with You JENNY !! Those Antarctica pix are SooooWeet ! Now, what's even Sweeter ( is that a word ?) IS this Build you have goin on !! I really DIG this P.E. man ! Th spare tyre holder is lookin Good !! THOSE FENDERS ROCK !! :ro:

Great JOB LUIS !!!

ERIK

Hola Luiz,

Terrific work in PE parts.As Jenny said,so much perfect and clean!.

Also,amazing pics of your landscape.:eek:hmy:

Congrats!!.

Tom

Dear friends...James,moompuppy,Shawn,Sven,Massimo,Jo,Jenny,Erik and Tom...thank you very much for these encouranging words...very nice!

@James...I agree with you,a beautiful place to make a visit...amazing!

@Jo...the glues and putties,I keep them over my heater cabin...about the paints,it was impossible to bring them with me(logistics problems)...I´ll must paint it when I come to Brazil...possibly on the end of 2010...maybe I´ll stay here until March 2011 :eek:hmy: :huh: :unsure: :silly: :(

@Jenny...really you are an excelent observer...(I remember ever having said this before) :laugh: ...I still had not notice the heart on that pic :laugh: :laugh:

...well more one step on the tools...let´s see...

... Yesterday morning, after a long period, and finally a beautiful sun came out ... so we decided to work until lunch time and after we had a great tour of the nearby station ... see the photos ...

See you soon and till the next!

Luiz.

Again, amazed at your work and the beauty of some far off land. Love the spring, looks like it's nearly functional.

Uufffff ... I sorry, but I still have to decide if I preffer your pictures of South Pole or your Pz pics ... ;) :lol:

Regarding the tank ... I just can say ... wowww!!. I really envy your skills. The level of detail is just ... no words.

Congratulations!!

Thanks a lot,Moom Puppy and Jose,for he comments...always appreciate!

...yes,Moom... I enjoy this arrangement(jack wooden base and acessories) so much, too!

...as usually,very interesting ice formations in front of the Station...see...

...hope you like...on the next post I´ll share more pics of my PzIV...

it´s the Zimmerit time...

Best regards for all!

Luiz.

Hi all!

...now,it´s theZimmtime...hope you like the job!...

...interesting pics of my "new" home ( the place where I´m doing the PzIV :) )...

...hope you like my progress...see you in the next!

Luiz.

Back