• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A PZ IV BEING DONE AT SOUTH POLE...

Another great update. Using the tape as a mask, does it not pull the miliput up when you move it?

Very cool. I never thought of miliput as zimmeritt before. But then again I have a heck of a time using it for anything. Do you roll out a sheet and cut to size then stuck on or how do you apply it?? Again love the pictures of the area also.
James

Hi!...moonpuppy and James thanks for the interest...and Shawn for the nice words,always!

@James...Normally, I apply a thin uniform layer of Milliput with the aid of a spatula dentist ... a little water during application is recommended ... so after about an hour I with the aid of a screwdriver or an appropriate tool do the markings of the appropriate standard of Zimmerit ... okay?

@moompuppy...not my friend,before to apply the tape I leave the Milliput to dry for a half hour...

Best regards for all...and good modelling!

Luiz.

this is a can't miss thread.
The Panzer is great as are the SP pictures.

The zim looks good, nice and tight, not too overly bumpy.

Hey, lupanzer

Awesome work for any climate! I'll have to tell my cousin to check out your build. He retired from the U.S. Navy as a captain about five years ago. For most of his career, he spent six months "on the ice" (because once he got there, the weather often wouldn't allow him to leave) and six months in Pearl Harbor. He flew scientists on and off the ice before they sent him to Turkey to be a liason at the U.S. embassy. The crew of his C 130, fitted with skis, transported that female scientist who became ill while on the ice to safety.

Peace and Love,
DioRandy

Luiz,

Not only a great informative build, but a fantastic geography tour as well!

Wow! My hat is off to you!

Bob

Dear friends...Stug,slodder,DioRandy,Alexander,MG and Bob...these nice words came from yours,great modelers,are the "fuel" to go ahead with this project...appreciate a lot!

...more one update with the Zimm,the hull is just finished!...hope you like my progress...

...last Sunday,we made a visit to our polish friends at Arctowsky,the Antarctic Polish Station...see and enjoy the pictures...

...hope you like it...till the next with the lateral armor shields...a hard task!

Best regards for all!

Luiz.

Luiz I have been following your build and I have to say this thread is just fantastic. Your model building is very neat and it looks great. I will continue to watch and learn. Thanks for posting.

Terry B)

I have been following as well, I am very impressed with your skills and look forward to the scenic updates! (y)

Really nice update. I like the randomness of the Zimm, not fully applied in some spot, looks to be chipped off in others. Nice touch.

and looks like a nice spread the Pols put out for you all!

Allo Luiz?, :peace

Tomas here.

Amazing glass sculptures in a landscape cold .. time to think. :hmmm

According to the Milliput to make the Zim.I've always used for this.

I'm not your idea about the final state of the vehicle,but if you want to give an

impression of worn used in Zim.The best way to do it is while still curing the putty,

pressing with spatula,knife and jump cleanly,also for imperfections,suffered impacts.Before

you can use a wet brush for correct the lines.

A really entertaining, thorough and very well done.

Please even more .. (y)

Best from the sunny-hot Spain.

Tom

any vacancies over there. could do with some of that ice over here in Malta its hot hot and humid.

wonderful pictures, both of the model and of the natural suroundings, simply stunning in every aspect

have to share this thread with my wife now. just shown her the photos, especially the ones with the wildlife and she has taken over. i wont be giving her my password thats for sure.

Faaaaaantastic!!

I really envy you boys ... your assembling accuracy, your skills making those PE Sets ... your patience .... it´s completely out of my reach.

My sincere congratulations

:notworthy This build thread ranks at the top of any I have ever followed. Planes, trains or automobiles.

Yes, it's gotten the attention of my wife also. When I'm online she'll ask if "that guy" :lol: has got anymore pictures to look at. If this were a TV program we would finally have something to watch we both could enjoy together :laugh:

Beautiful nature photo's and an amazing tank build :notworthy

Tim

Back