• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A PZ IV BEING DONE AT SOUTH POLE...

Re: A PZ IV BEING DONE AT SOUTH POLE...The gun.

Hi friends...James,Mike,Tim and iambrb...thanks for the nice comments...

@James...I think that I'll be going back on last days of December,and I hope to start a new project here...it'll be a surprise...please stay tunned!;)

...well after a long time,at finally more one step...now starting with the gun as the principal step of the turret assembly...let's go...

...hope you like this update...the next update will be the turret itself...

...about the Brazilian Antarctic Station...

The Antarctic Station Comandante Ferraz (EACF) is located in Admiralty Bay,King George Island,an archipelago of islands Schetlands South.The EACF opened in February 6,1984,in Keller Peninsula,is located 62o 05`S and 058o 24`W.Currently more than 60 modules make up the EACF between quarters,laboratories,workshops,a living room,a ward,a kitchen,a library,storerooms,a comunications room,a small gymnasium sports and a helipad.

With around 2250 square meters of built area,EACF has facilities capable of housing 70 people.The following facilities are avaiable for research : Laboratory of Biology(dry and wet),Modules Atmosferic Science,Modules aquariums,Module Meteorology,Ionosphere Module,Chemestry Module,Module Screening,launch research,inflatable boats,and computers with Internet access.

The Station is managed by Group Basis throughout the year,consisting of fifteen Navy of Brazil

Maintenance is perfomed by engineers and servers Navy Shipyard of Rio de Janeiro ( me and my group)

In order to protect the Antarctic environment and attend the Madrid Protocol,a number of steps have been taken EACF,including the installation of oil fuel tanks withdouble walls,placement of the double botton oil barges,replacement of the system Sewer Station,adapting it for use by up to 60X,installation of filters in the discharge of the groups oxicat engines-generators,installation of equipment to incinerate waste that produces inert ash and garbage collection.

...follow some inside pictures of the Brazilian Station...

...Best regards for all1

Luiz.

Amazing work! I think this is the first time I've seen a pic of the entire tank.

The lunch room? looks cozy with all the wood.

Just curious, how big is your living quarters there Luiz?

Tim

This is coming along brilliantly. I enjoy every update. The pictures and description of the station are excellent as usual. It looks really cozy. I think it would be cool to work there.
James

Luiz,
As always, great to see your progress and the photos of the area...
Keep up the great work. Enjoy the rest of your build and keep us posted
on your return to civilization... ;)
Shawn

Hi Luiz,
I have been following your build since the beginning and I will definitely miss it. I hope you will continue to share with us when you go back. Very nice build . :notworthy
I have also watched the photography with great interest. Of course this is as close as I want to get to so much cold weather.

Cheers, Christian &nbspB)

LUIS,

Cool Pix ! Th Pz IV is coming along Great !! That Zimm is spot on !! Yeah ... She's lookin Great !!

I love th Outdoor pix !! Thanx for sharing th pix from around th Base !!

ERIK

Hi friends...Terry,Tim,James,Shawn,Christian and ERIK...thank you very much for the nice words:dude ...always!

@Tim...my living quarter measures 2.60m X 3.30m...see the pics...

Best regards for all!

Luiz.

Another amazing and educational update Luiz, thanks!

How's the food? Guess there's no Chinese Take Out Fridays unless there's a Chinese base close by. :mpup

[quote="moon puppy"

How's the food? Guess there's no Chinese Take Out Fridays unless there's a Chinese base close by. :mpup[/quote]

DO th Chinese just call it Food ??

MOONIE, I bet there's some Awesome Brazilian Cooking going on. If it's anything like th Texas de Brazil Steak House I've been to around here ! It's probably better down there with LUIZ !

ERIK

Hi Luiz,

Yes, cozy is the word that comes to mind looking at the pics you sent us - specially when you think of all the cold going on, on the outside at this time of the year!
emoticon_nod.gif
Your quarters are very organized and look "warm". Makes me proud to know that you guys are "down there" taking care of things for us "Brazukas": keep up the good work!
Emoticon_okay.gif

I forgot to comment on the other pics you sent before, particularly the one with the wierd rock formation: to me it looks like some space age monster ejected over the South Pole and was frozen to death while still seating on his ejection seat... You could build a cool story starting from there, eh?! ;)

Your Pz build is awesome, but I guess that's old news: each and every new installment is a chapter of one yet to be finished amazing story!
notworthy.gif
Sometimes I find myself wandering back to your Thread and staring at your pics and re-reading your explanations and other comments. I'm pretty frustrated at this time, as my models have still not arrived: they're retained at the Paraguayan Customs - ever heard of that?!?
emoticon_noidea.gif
Well yes, they (Paraguay) have began to charge import taxes and my parcel seems to be one of the first victims of this "new" procedure... what a drag! :angry: The Custom officials are probably waiting for someone to drop by their office with a little "something" to clear the stuff, but I refuse to do so, so I'll probably have to order everything again. Crappy situation, eh?
106.gif

So, you'll be home for Christmas as it seems: don't forget to buy some presents for your folks while you're down there... :)

Cheers and, again, thank you for sharing your build and the lovely pictures!
emoticon_yo.gif

Fernao

Hi all!

...again,thanks a lot friends,Tim,Bob,Jenny,Erik,Shawn and Fernão for the nice words...very,very appreciate!!!

@Tim...ship shape...I agree...remember that the Station was constructed by a Brazilian Shipyard personal,me and my guys:dude ...

@Shawn and Erik...a TnT sticker on my workbench...it'll be a great idea!;)

@Fernão...good luck my friend with the Paraguayan Customs...

@Jenny...yes!...I use Skype almost every day...look, my last picture with my little John that was taken at my home in Brazil,eight months ago...

@Jenny and Bob...with respect to food : here at the Station,our meals are based on carboydrates and proteins ... fruits and vegetables are rare,only since the launch of cargo flights,we eat them anyway and just last a week:( ...

...besides, the fruits and vegetables...look of the Herc C-130 boys dropped to me on the last week...at first, me(knelling on the first row,I'm the second from right to left) with gals and guys of my group waiting anxiously for the cargo launch...

...the cargo launch,itself...

...and now :D :D :D ...the amazing stuff that I've got:ro: :ro: :ro: :

1)Figure from Apine...just for fun...!

2)An amazing bust from Young...my greatest wish:woohoo: :woohoo: !!!!

3)...an possible my new ANTARCTIC PROJECT...the Sdkfz 251 UHU...

-The Blast resin upgrade set...(a hint from my dearest friend Jenny...)and

-The AFV magazine that was a gift of my friend and TnT member Simon...thanks a lot ,again ,Simon!

...Best regards for all!

Luiz.

Beautiful photos of the pole, and I see there are only two beautiful women :woohoo: for a man behind!. You will make their women to leave the big kiss to a French!;) :laugh:

Hi!

...Laurent,Tim and Jose...thanks for watching and commenting my thread...:dude

...now,following with the turret itself...it's the stowage turret bin time...

...the hull and the turret...

...the next step will be the turret acessories...

...they are coming back after a long winter time...

...best regards for all!

Luiz.

Back