• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A Baltimore Clipper Build, this will take awhile..

Lol Christian.....I get the hint. It really is time to get back to work on her. Especially after a pine tree got the big Ultimate Bipe last weekend, total loss. Now I have nothing to distract me :vmad

Tim

Sorry Tim, I miss your build but I have nothing to brag about until I post something.

Hope to see something soon.

Cheers, Christian B)

Sorry for your loss Tim , I know how much labor and money goes in those things. :sick: That's why I build shelf sitters. I still managed to crash one of those a couple of weeks ago under the guise of updating the paint job...
So much for an easy task :bang head

Cheers, Christian

I know you can pull it off Christian :v
I have the RC sailboat more relaxing and much harder to crash :laugh: The plane crash was a spactacular impact though. I was flying at the base of lookout mtn. and when it hit the tree the sound echoed of the mtn. It was the loudest "crack" I've heard a RC plane make hitting something. It was at full throttle in a dive so I'm guessing it was doing around 50 or 60 mph. Found the reciever battery about 100 ft. past the impact point :S I figured it was about 700 bucks worth of plane and motor. (I bought it used). :pilot

tim

Greetings Tim;

A verry nice ship model, and it looks like
you are doing a fine job on her...... (y)

Mike

Thanks Mike and welcome :v Sorry for the late reply, been getting ready to move and have'nt been on in a few. Once we are settled in our new place sawdust will be flying again! :drinks

Tim

This update is to actually say I've taken several steps back on the build. Seems I somehow cut all the gunports a 1/2 inch to far foreward on the hull. I noticed this major blunder when the sheeve holes for the main and fore yard lines and the channels for the mast shrouds were landing in the gunports. Did I curse? yep...alot. The only way to fix this stupid mistake was to remove the bulward planking and outer hull planking down to the wales. Oh, thats not all!, also the waterway planks, the counter planks and the transom!!! I've spent the last week doing this and have finally started re-planking. What a mess :bang head One more blunder like this and I will have to fire myself :S :pp

Tim

Hi Tim ,
glad to hear from you at long last but I hate to read the circumstances.... :sick:

However, I wonder how many of us non sailors understand any of that technical jargon . Normally the news provide vivid pictures of disasters .

I apologize for my twisted sense of humor. Hope to see you'll share your handy work soon.

Cheers, Christian B)

It happens. Sounds like you have the fix under control, looking forward to the updates. (y)

Bummer about the ports. Great that you are able to repair it. Looking forward to more pics.
James

Thanks for the shoulders guys :v
Hey Mike, you left two letters off the word "it" in "it happens" :pp
Moon, you said it..basically it's a mess but I was able to remove the transom (the part that covers the stern of the ship) without damage, it's a small victory.

Hiya Christian :Hiay working 12hrs six days a week really cuts into my modelling and forum time. I hate it too cause I know I'm missing alot of good stuff going on here. I have this weekend off though and plan on spending ALL of it at the bench and catching up on what ya'll are working on (y)

Tim

Yep, I remember those long work weeks. Glad you finally have some bench time and I hope this correction is not as bad as it sounds to a land lubber.

Should take you long to catch up on my[strike][/strike] builds[strike][/strike] build. Still on that B-25. Someday I'll get it done. Hopefully before I'm too old to start another one :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

I've got one of those B quarters too. I'm thinking we're never to old to start something anyways.... ;)

Tim

Back