• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Wittman's Last Drink Aug. 8th '44

:mpup ,

Well th hatches will be open !! :D , Ya' won't be able to see as much as you can see right now .. granted .

I've just finished up some work on th Rear Stowage Box. I used the one that came in th Verlinden Tiger I Detail set . It can be posed open to show off some stowage in the Box !!!! I also sourced some spare Hinges to attach to the Doors. The ones that came in th Verlinden set were not up to Snuff ! The Clasps themselves are kit P.E. !! There's even 2 styrene locks with brass closures that came in the Wittmann kit !! The front Clasps are somewhat workable , but they weren't designed very well , so just a partial working clasp !! Same with th hinges on the Doors. I still had to make them but since the door is a certain thickness, I didn't off-set th hinge enough to make it work ..... Any way .......

A Box for Wittmann's Stuff !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvgN5gCuLac

DSC08398.JPG

Here's a shot of the kit supplied P.E. clasps that go on th front of the Box

DSC08400.JPG

It's fairly easy to make the clasp workable. Just squeeze th tabs !!
DSC08402.JPG

DSC08405.JPG

These are th sourced hinges from some left over Griffon P.E.

DSC08406.JPG

Everything's on ... ready to prime !! There are the Kit supplied Locks ... Just to keep everyone honest ... " Hey ... Don't touch My Stuff "

DSC08407.JPG

A close up of th Lock & partially working Clasps !!

DSC08408.JPG

Sittin' pretty with a shot of Vallejo's Black Primer !!!

Well that's all for now ..... I've started working on th Figures .. that'll be th next installment as well as .... :woohoo: Sealing up the Tiger !!! With some more STUFF added to th Interior !!

Sorry I missed this, Erik, since it moved, I lost my way. The details are looking great, keep going! (y)

Two tweezers in the air and taking a picture at the same time. Erik you're a man of many talents! :mpup

Hey Guys,

Thanx for th kind words !! Whew ! Finally I've gott th Interior Up to Snuff .... Look around ... there may be a magazine that you have in your Library or that you see Familiar !!!

Wittmanns_Last_Tiger_Turret_Top_shot_Final_.JPG

Here's an above shot of the Finished Interior of th Turret !! You may notice Wittmann's Preferred Magazine - Military Miniatures in Review's Modeler's Guide to the Tiger Tank ( Courtesy of TRM Productions) I added some Tissue paper( laminated with Matt Medium) to act as th pages. The Cover is on adhesive backed paper & I folded the Tissue Paper( that was nicked out of a Shoe Box) in Accordion style & cut to size. You can see it better in another shot. These also a bit of irony in this shot ... The Fresh Supply of First Aid ( Hudson & Allen) & The Box of 9mm ammo. You can also see Th Crews Sidearms are sitting at Their stations. I've recently read that the Panzer Crews had a hard time getting in & out of Their Panzers with th Holsters attached to them, so They often took these off & kept them close @ hand !! The Floor got it's fair share of Dirt & Dried Mud ( ModelMakerZ pigments)

Wittmanns_Last_Tiger_Turret_Gunners_station_Final_.JPG

Here are th Girls of 007 !! Not that 007 , but th Original 007 !! :v Also from TRM Productions ( on adhesive backed paper). From Left to Right .... Bettie Grabel( What a dish) , Marlena Dietrich & Rita Hayworth. You can also get a better look at th Mag sittin on Wittmann's Seat & th Tissue Paper pages.

Wittmann_s_Last_Tiger_Turret_Interior_Loaders_station_Final.JPG

From th Loader's Station .... The Newspaper is from (TRM) The Stencils are from Verlinden & I thought th decals were a touch too thick ,but you can't really see it with th Naked Eye. The Box on th Wall states that there is a Headset & 1 Throat mic in th Box, as per usual stencil for all Boxes of that nature in th Tiger !! Mags for th Stowed MP 40, Gas Mask, Loader's Sidearm too !!

Wittmanns_Last_Tiger_Turret_Closeup_of_Vision_Block_Final_.JPG

A close-up of the Vision Block. I painted it first with Model Master Chrome, & then Tamiya Clear Green. Marlena looks on with Approval !! A Great rendering of th Pin-Ups .. especially in this scale !

Wittmanns_last_Tiger_Turret_Closeup_of_Loaders_station_Final.JPG

A close up of th Loader's Station ... so ya' could see th stencils & th Newspaper !!

Wittmanns_Last_Tiger_Turret_Rear_Final.JPG

A shot of th Rear of th Turret. MP 40 stowed, Headset/Mic boxes. That Shock Absorber lookin thing is actually th travel Lock for th Main Gun !! With some pigment thrown around for Good measure !!

Wittmanns_Last_Tiger_RO_station_final.JPG

Now We move down stairs. Here's a shot of th Radio Operators side. He's got a copy of Signal !! The Radios are Wired for Power & ready to Transmit !! * th top cable came disconnected in th Melee & has since been reconnected !!

Wittmanns_Last_Tiger_Drivers_side_Final_.JPG

Driver's Side .... He has a picture of His Girlfriend to keep him Company, Side Arm , & some Dirt & Dried Mud too !

Wittmanns_Last_Tiger_above_shot_Final.JPG

A shot from above !! You can see the Ammo Boxes, Butt Stock for th Bow M.G. & the Bi-Pod, & if you look close to the right of the Headset/Mic box is the Spare Barrel container strapped to th Wall !!

Wittmanns_Last_Tiger_Lower_Hull_Interio_final_.JPG

One more before We head out !

Now !! I can close her up & start to work on th Exterior !!!!

C'Mon .... I'm thirsty .. Let's go to th Pub !!!

And to the Girls of 007

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njiT7vzqh_g

Looking fantastic. Nopw we know why its his last drink. Too busy reading and gawking at pics to get in the fight :laugh:
Very nice work there (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

Hey ,
JAMES & LAURA,

Thanx for th Kind words !!! Much Appreciated ! Now on to th Exterior .... :D There will be some P.E. involved & I'm sure some Fussin' & Cussin' ....

Hey Guys,

Thanx for th kind words !! Whew ! Finally I've gott th Interior Up to Snuff .... Look around ... there may be a magazine that you have in your Library or that you see Familiar !!!

Wittmanns_Last_Tiger_Turret_Top_shot_Final_.JPG

Here's an above shot of the Finished Interior of th Turret !! You may notice Wittmann's Preferred Magazine - Military Miniatures in Review's Modeler's Guide to the Tiger Tank ( Courtesy of TRM Productions) I added some Tissue paper( laminated with Matt Medium) to act as th pages. The Cover is on adhesive backed paper & I folded the Tissue Paper( that was nicked out of a Shoe Box) in Accordion style & cut to size. You can see it better in another shot. These also a bit of irony in this shot ... The Fresh Supply of First Aid ( Hudson & Allen) & The Box of 9mm ammo. You can also see Th Crews Sidearms are sitting at Their stations. I've recently read that the Panzer Crews had a hard time getting in & out of Their Panzers with th Holsters attached to them, so They often took these off & kept them close @ hand !! The Floor got it's fair share of Dirt & Dried Mud ( ModelMakerZ pigments)

Wittmanns_Last_Tiger_Turret_Gunners_station_Final_.JPG

Here are th Girls of 007 !! Not that 007 , but th Original 007 !! :v Also from TRM Productions ( on adhesive backed paper). From Left to Right .... Bettie Grabel( What a dish) , Marlena Dietrich & Rita Hayworth. You can also get a better look at th Mag sittin on Wittmann's Seat & th Tissue Paper pages.

Wittmann_s_Last_Tiger_Turret_Interior_Loaders_station_Final.JPG

From th Loader's Station .... The Newspaper is from (TRM) The Stencils are from Verlinden & I thought th decals were a touch too thick ,but you can't really see it with th Naked Eye. The Box on th Wall states that there is a Headset & 1 Throat mic in th Box, as per usual stencil for all Boxes of that nature in th Tiger !! Mags for th Stowed MP 40, Gas Mask, Loader's Sidearm too !!

Wittmanns_Last_Tiger_Turret_Closeup_of_Vision_Block_Final_.JPG

A close-up of the Vision Block. I painted it first with Model Master Chrome, & then Tamiya Clear Green. Marlena looks on with Approval !! A Great rendering of th Pin-Ups .. especially in this scale !

Wittmanns_last_Tiger_Turret_Closeup_of_Loaders_station_Final.JPG

A close up of th Loader's Station ... so ya' could see th stencils & th Newspaper !!

Wittmanns_Last_Tiger_Turret_Rear_Final.JPG

A shot of th Rear of th Turret. MP 40 stowed, Headset/Mic boxes. That Shock Absorber lookin thing is actually th travel Lock for th Main Gun !! With some pigment thrown around for Good measure !!

Wittmanns_Last_Tiger_RO_station_final.JPG

Now We move down stairs. Here's a shot of th Radio Operators side. He's got a copy of Signal !! The Radios are Wired for Power & ready to Transmit !! * th top cable came disconnected in th Melee & has since been reconnected !!

Wittmanns_Last_Tiger_Drivers_side_Final_.JPG

Driver's Side .... He has a picture of His Girlfriend to keep him Company, Side Arm , & some Dirt & Dried Mud too !

Wittmanns_Last_Tiger_above_shot_Final.JPG

A shot from above !! You can see the Ammo Boxes, Butt Stock for th Bow M.G. & the Bi-Pod, & if you look close to the right of the Headset/Mic box is the Spare Barrel container strapped to th Wall !!

Wittmanns_Last_Tiger_Lower_Hull_Interio_final_.JPG

One more before We head out !

Now !! I can close her up & start to work on th Exterior !!!!

C'Mon .... I'm thirsty .. Let's go to th Pub !!!

And to the Girls of 007

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njiT7vzqh_g

Outstanding stuff Erik

:erik

Where did you get the pinups?

Awesome stuff Eric...always like superdetailing stuff like this.

I usually do my pin-ups by resizing Internet images and printing them at high Rez...is that how you did these or are they AM??

Hey Guys !!

I'm glad that you Dig it !! :erik

@ :mpup & JEEVES - These were actually made by a Friend of mine ... He goes by th Handle of TRM over on Scale ModelAddict. We were talking about th AM stuff & how it would be cool to be able to add some Pin-ups that th German's would likely have .... Since Life Magazine was shipped World Wide along with other mags .. The Jerries would have surely know of Bettie, & Rita ... Marlena is a gimme. !! Remember this from Saving Private Ryan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jv-5flYewm8

So , I gotta give a Big Thanx to TRM for th Magazines etc !! It really adds some realism to th scene !!
JEEVES .. I'm not sure exactly how he did it :hmmm

There's a bit of humor in th scene. The 1st. Aid box of bandages etc ... & the Copy of Military Miniatures in Review's The Modeler's Guide to the Tiger Tank ! I've tried it with th Roof on & you can see th Mag rather plainly through th hatch !!

Those that aren't familiar with th MMiR Tiger Modeling book -

http://www.perthmilitarymodelling.com/reviews/books/allied-axis/mmir_tiger.htm
One of the Builds for the Book is the AFV Wittmann Tiger .... So .. See th Humor .... That will actually reveal it's self a little more in the Diorama .... But you'll have to see Who's reading th Article ! :woohoo:

* BTW - The Modeler's Guide to the Tiger is an Awesome Reference book on Constructing a Tiger Tank .. Tons of Stuff in that Book ! It's one of My "Desert Island Books "

Woo-Hoo ... Now I can go topside on this Tiger !!

Phew! that detail is too much to take in!
you 35th scale guys have it far too good!!!!
awesome work!

Back