• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Wittman's Last Drink Aug. 8th '44

Hey Guys ,

It's good to be back on th bench !! Thanx for th kind words !!

Th Track dilema is still up in th air. I might hold out & try to score some Spare Trax ( Modelkasten) ? Does any one know if there is a real difference between th 2 sets ? I'm sure th track pins don't come with th spare set, but at th same time I really don't need them.

I still have a few other things to finish up on this before th Tracks would be holding Me up ... So .... Onward & upward !!

:erik

Hi :Erik,

Track pins do come with the set but they seem pricey for just 24 links. Would it be possible to use whatever you have handy (like the Dragon kit's links) and just hide the extra links under the roadwheels?

Regards,

ERIK

You asked for my opinion....so here it is:ABSOLUTE GELUKKIG NIEUWJAAR AWESOME! :D

Glad your back on MW's tank.
Rock on,dude!

Greetings,Ron.

RON ,

Thanx for th kind words Brotha' !! \m/

@ SHARK - Dragon's trax are an Option ..... but I've found th Spare Linx for $11.99 at Olde Depot Hobbies . I always forget about these Guys. They Stock a lot of stuff & Their Customer Service is Awesome !! They are located in Mass. So, We'll see ... I've still gotta save My Pennies !!

Hey JERRY ,

Well , I'm waitin on those Trax to show up !! Then it's off to th races, In th mean time I'm still workin on her , gettin her ready !!

ALRIGHTY THEN ...

Finally .. I had a set of Friullies land in My lap so I decided to get on it !! 'Bout time right .....

USCHI_product_review_Friullies_.JPG

I decided to use USCHI van der Rosten's Track Burnishing Fluid. Cut 50/50 with tap water & left to Bath for about 10-12 minutes. The lil' bit of sediment that was in there was strained out & saved for another set of Trax !
Close_up_USCHI_burnished_Tiger_Trax.JPG

DSC08821.JPG

I thought th Patina came out lookin Great ! Not too abrasive, and very little sediment left in th Bath. Plus Uschi's really got down into all of th nooks & crannies.

DSC08825.JPG

DSC08824.JPG

Conversely this set I dipped in Blacken-It full strength. There was Tons of sediment & It really didn't get into all of th nooks & crannies. I prepared both sets identical with a Pickling in Distilled White Vinegar, rinsed in water & then I took each set & broke th runs down into sets that would fit in th "Bath Tub" all in a single layer.

Front_shot_007_.JPG

Drivers_side_shot_007.JPG

3_4_front_shot_007_.JPG

Here She sits. I've chipped, & partially weathered th Hulk ! Still need to add th Pioneer Tools, & I'll twist up some Tow Cables with copper & lead wire. Some of th Road gear still need a bit of weathering & th Stowage box need to get put on ..... The reason .. I've have a Last Minute Update !! Also while test fitting th Friullies I've had a few Fenders PoP off ..They'll get fixed up. Th Insignia decal is from th kit & went down over a Black background. Which is consistant with th research on th Kompany in Normandy.

DSC08828.JPG

DSC08833.JPG

Since th Escape Hatch will be open (as th idea is that They've paused to reload etc. ) You can see into th Turret where th additional FuG 5 & Uk.We receiver is located ( Since 007 came from th Factory as a Kommand Tiger , Turret M.G. was replaced with Radio set. Th FuG 5 is a resin one from a German CO. ( I've forgotten , as I've had that set for a number of years) The receiver came out of a Dragon Stug ( Panzer Shoppe Bone Yard) The Power cable is th insulation from Telephone wire & the connections from th 5 to th receiver are from .01"copper wire.

Close_up_of_Turret_loaders_side.JPG

DSC08834.JPG

Every time I look at th Turret .. It's hard for Me to believe tat th Turret #'s are Kit supplied Decals ! From Carto-Graph, with a lil' Micro-Sol these Puppies sat right down into th Zimm ! The slant of th numbers is consistant with th numbering of th 101's Kommand Tigers. The Color denotes Company. Equally th Solid color on th Stowage Box is also consistent with 101's Kommand Tigers, again th White denotes Kompany.

DSC08838.JPG

DSC08839.JPG

The Box is from Verlinden's Tiger I detail set. I still need to Dip-In & paint th Crew Stowage that's in there.

DSC08837.JPG

DSC08836.JPG

It got a lil' sloppy on th Rear Deck. That was actually done with Vallejo's Games Sepia Ink ( Awesome Stuff) -Fuel Stains . Also added some General Wear & Tear.
Top_3_4_view_Tiger_007_.JPG

I tried something new with regards to th streaking. .... I split 007 right down th middle , lengthwise. I used AK's Grime for Dk. Yellow Vehicles on th Right side & th Vallejo Games Sepia Ink on th left. Really Identical results. The only difference, AK's ability to play around with it ( as it's an Enamel it takes longer to dry, compared to th Ink, which dries in minutes ) :dude Which after doing so, I actually like th AK streaking grime better for something like this, as It gives Me time to mess around with it . Both dry to a semi-gloss ... (You just gotta really watch th Ink. Super dense & dries in literally minutes !! )

Whew ..... Let's hit th Pub !! :drinks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJU0Uso2Ywg​

Hey MIKE,

Thanx for th kind words ! I'll end up doin a combination of Pigments, Oil & some of AK's Dark Mud etc.

@ SHARK ,

Thanx Brotha' !!

MOONIE,

Yes. I do like th USCHI fluid better.After doin a side by side test th Blacken-it, I thought , just left way too much sediment in th bottom of th "bath Tub" ,It really didn't get down into th trax like th USCHI fluid did & I prepared both sets identically with a dip in to some Distilled White Vinegar , plus I didn't really like how th Trax came out from th Blacken-It dip. A lil too rusty for My personal taste. USCHI's seemed to be more controlled & I really like th Patina that I got from them. Plus USCHI's Fluid is a lil cheaper too. USCHI has Co-Branded some of His accessories with AK Interactive & AK noted it on Their bottle that it's in Conjunction with USCHI van der Rosten .... It's also cheaper than th Blacken-It. While you get pretty much th same amount - 100ml USCHI/AK's fluid ( MSPR $12.95 {AK USA}) vs 4 fl.Oz of Blacken-It ( $9.40 { Micro-Mark} ) when you cut USCHI's 50/50 with water you get twice as much. .... so it's actually cheaper ...

*** I'll have a Review of USCHi's Burnishing Fluid coming up shortly. ***

LAURA,

Hey ! Long time no see. Thanx for th kind words !! :drinks

No too much left on this one .... just gotta do th Pioneer Tools (OVM) twist up some Tow cables & attach th Trax & a final overall dusting etc !! Then It's on to finishing th Dio .... (y)

Back