• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya Krupp Protze Kfz69

Ok decal time and do you know what they worked out quite well, and to be honest first time I used kit decals in 25years having been a Verlinden and Archer dry decal kind of chap

The vehicle is depicted as 3rd Panzer Division ( Berlin Bear logo ) Nr Moscow 1941

Heres the pics

IMG_4169.JPG

IMG_4170.JPG

Now if you are wondering about the red circular marks on the number plates,..they were official stamps and almost every plate had them

So heres my home made tools for the stamps and they are basically hollowed tube in 2 different sizes

IMG_4171.JPG

They were dabbed in paint and transferred to paper were in took about 3 dabs to get the cricle and the fourth went onto the plate decal
After that was a simple task on painting the lines within to look like the Eagle

Voila !

Thanks for looking

Thanks fellas (y)

Ive given the decals a Matt varnish now and looks great, Ive also started on a very basic base purchased from hobbylobby for the princely sum of $1.75 and given that coat of chestnut Brown stain

It a good size for showing off the truck but big enough for a little bit of groundwork to compliment

:D

Ok decal time and do you know what they worked out quite well, and to be honest first time I used kit decals in 25years having been a Verlinden and Archer dry decal kind of chap

The vehicle is depicted as 3rd Panzer Division ( Berlin Bear logo ) Nr Moscow 1941

Heres the pics

IMG_4169.JPG

IMG_4170.JPG

Now if you are wondering about the red circular marks on the number plates,..they were official stamps and almost every plate had them

So heres my home made tools for the stamps and they are basically hollowed tube in 2 different sizes

IMG_4171.JPG

They were dabbed in paint and transferred to paper were in took about 3 dabs to get the cricle and the fourth went onto the plate decal
After that was a simple task on painting the lines within to look like the Eagle

Voila !

Thanks for looking

first of all: brilliant work andy! the stamps - outstanding!

now to the div. sign - sorry for being a smartass and party pooper ...

while it's correct that 3rd panzer used the berlin bear as insignia, the one you used is not the one from 3rd panzer but that of 293rd infantry division in autumn 1941 - sorry!

go to: www.wwiidaybyday.com -> 'truppenkennzeichen, takt. zeichen, nummernschilder' -> 'truppenkennzeichen an fahrzeugen' -> 'bären' and you'll find both, 3rd panzer and 293rd infantry

Hi Laura

Gosh no,.... I value your input and stupidly didn`t ask you before I chose my decals, do you know where this unit would have fought in Late 41 early 42 ?
However all is not lost as the Krupp has been splattered in mud lol and all that small detail work is mostly covered including the stamps on the plates ( However I now know that I can do it in future projects )

Ive bookmarked that site (y) (y) (y)

On with the in progress shots and as you can see Ive been playing in the mud ;)

I have also been back to the old school and did some fun dry brushing with Humbrol enamels I also used pigments and pastels and all sorts to make this mess :D

Enjoy !!

IMG_4187.JPG

IMG_4188.JPG

IMG_4189.JPG

IMG_4190.JPG

IMG_4191.JPG

IMG_4192.JPG

IMG_4193.JPG

LOL Thats what I have planned today a bit of work on the windscreen and cab area as I only glued it in last night a bit more stuff to do before I start detail painting,..pickaxes and shovels gear sticks and Archer decals for the dials etc etc
and especially for Ron the steering wheel :lol:

Thanks again mates :)

Hi Laura

Gosh no,.... I value your input and stupidly didn`t ask you before I chose my decals, do you know where this unit would have fought in Late 41 early 42 ?
However all is not lost as the Krupp has been splattered in mud lol and all that small detail work is mostly covered including the stamps on the plates ( However I now know that I can do it in future projects )

Ive bookmarked that site (y) (y) (y)

On with the in progress shots and as you can see Ive been playing in the mud ;)

I have also been back to the old school and did some fun dry brushing with Humbrol enamels I also used pigments and pastels and all sorts to make this mess :D

Enjoy !!

IMG_4187.JPG

IMG_4188.JPG

IMG_4189.JPG

IMG_4190.JPG

IMG_4191.JPG

IMG_4192.JPG

IMG_4193.JPG

That's soo cool Andy, be sure to dust up the seats just a touch, that much mud slingin' around would surely had gotten something on the seats. :dude

Back