• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya Krupp Protze Kfz69

You do now seeing as you mentioned that lovely word "Figure"

:dude

Man, just how many ribbons have you got !! I need to get my arse moving

anyway the upshot of it is that I am having fun and its brilliant to be back building :drinks

Well said Andy! (y) Isn't that what it's all abou? having fun building :D
I love the look of the green stuff tarps!
I find the one i have so sticky when i kneed it and hard to get thin, but it's practice i guess :hmmm
//Mats

Hi all,...

Much progress has been made but sadly I broke the battery retaining clip on my camera and finally tonight I got the battery to stay put,..so heres some pictorial updates

Mostly acrylics apart from Migs dark wash which I really didnt get on with at all well :(

Oh and the seat cushions were done in oils

Still a long way to go yet but you get the idea im trying for

IMG_4168.JPG

IMG_4165.JPG

IMG_4167.JPG

As you can see the hood of the truck is very dirty due to the over washing wash and I dont really know how I can get that back without re spraying,...I dont really want to go over it all again if I have to remove the whole paint job,.....wheels are not fixed as yet,...
I have to do a dirty undercarriage spray up of earth tones so maybe bring that earth tone up over the hood but I want to depict a slushy snow scene with mud and stuff so it may turn out dusty rather than muddy ,..I shall have to have a good think about how I proceed

Andy :D

job well done andy!

so the hood is too dirty? really? rasputiza is infamous for being tremendously dirty ...

just ignore the too much dirt and go on (or, if you like, go over it with another layer of white but keep in mind that autumn, winter and spring in rural russia is mud-season and thus, all vehicles were just driving dirt blobs)

Looking good to me,mate!

And I really like the warm tone of the seat cushions,makes a good contrast to the rest of the cold looking Krupp Protze. (y)

Greetings,Ron.

Hi all,...

Much progress has been made but sadly I broke the battery retaining clip on my camera and finally tonight I got the battery to stay put,..so heres some pictorial updates

Mostly acrylics apart from Migs dark wash which I really didnt get on with at all well :(

Oh and the seat cushions were done in oils

Still a long way to go yet but you get the idea im trying for

IMG_4168.JPG

IMG_4165.JPG

IMG_4167.JPG

As you can see the hood of the truck is very dirty due to the over washing wash and I dont really know how I can get that back without re spraying,...I dont really want to go over it all again if I have to remove the whole paint job,.....wheels are not fixed as yet,...
I have to do a dirty undercarriage spray up of earth tones so maybe bring that earth tone up over the hood but I want to depict a slushy snow scene with mud and stuff so it may turn out dusty rather than muddy ,..I shall have to have a good think about how I proceed

Andy :D

I don't see the problem with the hood but if you really want to do something about it, just dry brush some of your base color again. Go light!

:popcorn

Laura Ron James Bob Mike and Dave,...thank you !!!

Thank you for the confidence on the Hood section I shall continue the processes and see what gives

:D

Kit decals today,...groan !!

Back