• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya 1:32 Mustang

Very cool stuff and great work on the seat cushion. Very convincing. Maybe for the instruments you could look at these http://www.airscale.co.uk/products/usaafinst.html
Also did you see this? https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/news-reviews-and-shows/74871-re-p-51-radiators-for-tamiya#74871

James

Aren't there two seats in the kit?

Regards,

Yes, er...I think I get your drift. Did I tell you I had a hard day at work? :D

OH, it's the cushion that's the deal maker, only one in the kit and I only have one from Jerry.

John, Jerry is a member here, maybe you can hit him up. Hopefully he'll swing by here soon.

Then antenna were wooden, how about that. Thanks Saul. Think I'm going to stick with the Yellowtail scheme. Maybe I can get Kenny to make some mask for me. :D

Sorry to be such a plane noob, but was there a P51 that was totally painted and not just the metal finish ?

:idonno

I do however like that artwork that Saul posted :)

Partial to this one Andy 442 Sqn RCAF

442-1.jpg

Sure was Andy, many of them, especially the early ones. My favorite Mustang team was Dominic Salvatore Gentile and Johnny Godfrey, Gentile had the iconic "Shangri La" and Godfrey in "Reggie's Reply" (which was NMF). They were of the famous 4th Fighter Group and Gentile was an Eagle Squadron vet.

DGentile.jpg

Here's what I've been doing for the last 2 days...

P51D035.jpg

If it looks glossy, mushy..that's because I soaked down the paper to get it to lay more naturally.

Those are RB Production seatbelts and Jerry Rutman's seat. Hope you likey.

Very nice work, Bob. Looking good. :popcorn If you look up the link of the Airshow I went today, I tried to take a few detail shots of the P-51.

Joe

Looking good Bob . Jerry's seat is light years ahead. I sure hope he does not stop producing completely.

Cheers, Christian B)

Question!

The leather pad that the harnesses all connected to, would it be a rigid pad or soft where it would lay over the edge of the seat?

And here we are with the head rest, I bumped it up a bit, cutting grooves and indentation where the cushion would have flatten out some. Washed over the seat belts.

P51D035%7E0.jpg

Now, that Fuel Selector switch has a great deal of detail markings, I do not understand why Tamiya didn't give some decal for that part. Its the one with the red selector at the foot of the pedestal
P51D036.jpg

Not sure if I want to order a whole new set of Eduards interior just for that one part. What would you do?

Barracuda Decals to the rescue!

Ordered a set now just wait for it to show up.

In the mean time, I'll look at the Dragon Mustang and maybe finish the Sabra

Some extra information on the photograph presented from G. Masher:
"P-51D 44-63647 of the 462nd Ftr Sq, 506th FG, Iwo Jima. This ship was damaged in a takeoff accident at North Field, Guam on 19 July 1945, at the hands of LT George W. Nelson."

Regards,

Saul, I wasn't paying attention to what you were looking at. It's actually the second one I was thinking of doing because I could see the entire side. Searched the S/n and found that it's listed as Tallahassee Lassie, aircraft number 600 and if I read this right, it was the squadron COs ride. And their are decals for it so... :D

Back