• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

TAILHOOK CAMPAIGN(5 ON BOARD)

My thinking for the Happy hookers also includes the later variants of parasite air craft like the Goblin and the F-84

Well in this case since the votes didn't come in till late it'll probably be late next year so you gotta stick around till then.

In the mean time, check out the other campaigns that are scheduled.

https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/campaign-hq/149720-modelers-alliance-campaign-schedule-2015#204711

Lots going on so I know you can find something to join in with.

image128.jpg

cb63-017b.jpg

BRL72046-1.jpg

AD-4fromAttackSquadronTwenty-FiveVA-25withfullrocketloadatNASOceana_zps0574b55e.jpg

A-1HSkyraiderAD-6142016_zpsf64794f1.jpg

a1h30SEPT662.JPG

r_13-kitchen-sink.jpg

midway-1104b~0.jpg

Check out the separation between the wing and flaps, don't think I have ever seen that modeled.

I'm IN!
With all due respect, A B-25H, in it's Navy guise, as a PBJ-1H, DID land aboard the USS Shangri-La, in tests, November, 1944. Ironic, yes?
PBJ_on_CV-38_3a.jpg

See!? No crane!! :dance HA!!

Blast - already did the Skyraider, although, there is a nice looking sea Hurricane on my online model site - curse you T !!!! :D :D

Don't forget 'the Empire'...

h99b1cd5.jpg

Gotta admire the American sense of humour, #001, 004 & 012 were on a regular cross-deck exercise in 1978 when they got home to Ark Royal they had been tastefully vandalised.

This one, on the other hand was a wee bit different.

he95ea9e.jpg

hd3577dd.jpg

#207 broke-down on a exercise back in the 70's and landed on 'the Ark' instead of of USS Forrestal. The plane for what ever reason could not be repaired before Ark Royal was due in Malta.

At that time there was some serious anti-US sentiments in the Med so the Brits being the sensible and crafty people they are repainted the tail so that from the shore and the way the aircraft was positioned it would look like one of theirs instead of a USMC machine. Of course they covered the American national markings with tape and cardboard just to be certain. Once the plane was fixed and the Ark was back at sea again it was launched home with its nice new paintjob.... s'true.

Ian

Don't forget 'the Empire'...

h99b1cd5.jpg

Gotta admire the American sense of humour, #001, 004 & 012 were on a regular cross-deck exercise in 1978 when they got home to Ark Royal they had been tastefully vandalised.

This one, on the other hand was a wee bit different.

he95ea9e.jpg

hd3577dd.jpg

#207 broke-down on a exercise back in the 70's and landed on 'the Ark' instead of of USS Forrestal. The plane for what ever reason could not be repaired before Ark Royal was due in Malta.

At that time there was some serious anti-US sentiments in the Med so the Brits being the sensible and crafty people they are repainted the tail so that from the shore and the way the aircraft was positioned it would look like one of theirs instead of a USMC machine. Of course they covered the American national markings with tape and cardboard just to be certain. Once the plane was fixed and the Ark was back at sea again it was launched home with its nice new paintjob.... s'true.

Ian

Here are some pictures before the vandals go to them

phoca_thumb_l_892_on_deck_uss_forrestal_2__men.jpg

phoca_thumb_l_f4k_uss_forrestal_1_dec_1972_bsh~0.jpg

and USMC machine going home

US-f-4-phantom-british-markings-2~0.jpg

That's a great story Ian :good:

Back