• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

TAILHOOK CAMPAIGN(5 ON BOARD)

I have the old Tamiya 1/32 Tomcat too Dave but mine was a shelf queen when I got it and then it got some more butchery done so I guess it won't fly. :pilot

I also have a nice Brewster Buffalo in 1/32, but can't remember if it was ever a carrier plane or not. :hmmm

I have the old Tamiya 1/32 Tomcat too Dave but mine was a shelf queen when I got it and then it got some more butchery done so I guess it won't fly. :pilot

I also have a nice Brewster Buffalo in 1/32, but can't remember if it was ever a carrier plane or not. :hmmm

Depends on the version of the Buffalo. The commonwealth ones didn't serve on carriers but the US ones did.

Got a LOT of naval stuff in the stash, from an AM Dauntless & Avenger via Fujimi RN Phantoms to a Hobbyboss F/A-18... so finding some plastic isn't an issue. Choosing one might be...
:geek

Ian

Depends on the version of the Buffalo. The commonwealth ones didn't serve on carriers but the US ones did.

The kit I have will build and has markings for several aircraft including one that ws stationed at Midway during the battle there. Will just have to look at the kit.

I also found some photos and color drawings of a couple of Buffalos that the US painted up in weird ways as experimental cammo markings. Look a cross between German slinter cammo and modern art. Will try to dig them up.

The kit I have will build and has markings for several aircraft including one that ws stationed at Midway during the battle there. Will just have to look at the kit.

I also found some photos and color drawings of a couple of Buffalos that the US painted up in weird ways as experimental cammo markings. Look a cross between German slinter cammo and modern art. Will try to dig them up.

That would be an F2A-3. Those did see use from carriers. The paint scheme that looks like splinter camo was called Barclay camo. I'm not sure if the F2A-3 wore it though. http://www.history.navy.mil/photos/ac-usn22/f-types/f2a-cam.htm

Centennial_of_Naval_Aviation_T-45Cs.jpg

Centennial_of_Naval_Aviation_T-45Cs_2.jpg

831358_o.jpg

240092_o.jpg

Centennial_of_Naval_Aviation_S-3B_Viking.jpg

2562_n.jpg

860_n.jpg

2488_n.jpg

Back