• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

STARFIGHTERS!!!! a buildalong

As seen on Paul's build, you have to "mind the gap" on the wing flaps. (No snickering in the back.)

I added a 0.060" strip to the outboard side of each trailing edge flap. The LH leading edge flap also required an additional strip. The surface of the wing that mates to the fuselage was sanded and shaped to get a tighter fit.

There were a couple of sink marks in the missile rails that required a touch of filler.

RH Wing

RH_Wing_1.JPG

RH_Wing_2.JPG

LH Wing

LH_Wing_1.JPG

LH_Wing_2.JPG

The wings haven't been glued to the fuselage yet, just pressed together.

Cheers,
Rich

hfcc9c90.jpg

Great big shoutout to Moonpuppy. You sent me some decals for Vietnam
Phantoms a while back and those decals saved this build as my own decals just splintered. Was abble to replace all the decals except the right tail numbers from your sheet and the rest out of the spares bin.
hfcc9c90.jpg

I sent you?

I don't remember but I don't remember lunch yesterday.

Really nice finish Dave! Well done! :pilot

Great big shout out to Moonpuppy. You sent me some decals for Vietnam
Phantoms a while back and those decals saved this build as my own decals just splintered. Was able to replace all the decals except the right tail numbers from your sheet and the rest out of the spares bin.

Dave, since I am living vicariously through others' builds... what decals do you need? I still have a bit of older stock I won't use so I may be able to replace what you used from the sheet Moonpuppy sent.

Regards,

Thanks guys going to try and get her done before the weekend is done

Saul I will send you a pm on fb

Back