• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

STARFIGHTERS!!!! a buildalong

The hydraukic bay if its the same as the one I'm thinking of.Chris.
So I missed this somehow, this is only Vietnam Starfighters? Or can any Starfighter and scale play?
James

So I missed this somehow, this is only Vietnam Starfighters? Or can any Starfighter and scale play?
James

James
Any scale but only Vietnam birds mate except if you dont want a ribbon and just want to play along then please just add it and play PS we might need a picture of you in a dress :geek :rotf

LOL! What an amazing bend this Thread took! I think I'll try to get it back on track by trying to see if I have a Starfighter I can contribute to this. I'll keep you posted.
Youre welcome to play along mate Startup pictures to include one of you in a dress :yipee

Dave I am beginning to get worried with your fixation on dresses...

Is it because of this?

https://goo.gl/images/qxNWDC

:yipee

James
Any scale but only Vietnam birds mate except if you dont want a ribbon and just want to play along then please just add it and play PS we might need a picture of you in a dress :geek :rotf

Beware what you ask! :frantic :blink

Dave I am beginning to get worried with your fixation on dresses...

Is it because of this?

https://goo.gl/images/qxNWDC

:yipee
Nah I just like to have fun especialy when it comes to my free time also called modeling time I hate beeing all proper etc Laugh and share the laugh for me.

James

I believe that's what it was but probably not important since I did not see a picture of one.

Cheers, Christian B)

This has peaked my interest (no not the dress business) I'm sorry to admit that not being a big fan of flying blow torches it was only recently that I found out that 104's were used in Vietnam. Seemed like a most unlikely choice. That said I think I can pull a 104 out of a hat so I could play along but not likely I could start it till late in the year and by then most of you will be done. If you all are finished by then I'll just start a separate thread. I'm hoping I can pick up some valuable intel from your builds along the way as I currently have no 104 reference material.

Well gents,

Now that we have solved Dave's dress dilema (he is in it just for fun) and discovered that Gary has no interest in Dresses, let's get down to Business shall we?

Got some work done, as usual some PE from Eduard. This is for the Hasegawa kit (I am doing an Italeri) so I had to do some Fitting and adapting.

I like it so far. This is such a simple kit, a few Details will do it good.

Unfortunately the canopy is a one-piece, so most would not be seen, but I will try and saw it open.

Cheers

Alex

hd530d3b.JPG

h44efba1.JPG

h577e0d3.JPG

hd8dfad1.JPG

h7bfef6a.JPG

h6a7263d.JPG

h60459f1.JPG

h52f4dda.JPG

h3342241.JPG

Thanks Gary

Gee Dave, that is indeed vintage! Is your kit this one here?

hf283d11.jpg

A bit of Progress, the kit does assemble ok but even without the PE there are a lot of adjustments, sanding and trimming required.

hd901d9c.JPG

h0490b11.JPG

ha9cc7d8.JPG

h738292f.JPG

h127b222.JPG

h190622c.JPG

Cheers

Alex

Hey Dave

No, I just found that box on the Internet. I only had this Starfighter from Italeri I guess late 90's.

In any case, I am soldiering along since I have way too many Projects that Need finishing this year. Here is the bird all assembled and ready to be painted.

I am thinking I should put it together with an F-105G Wild Weasel which has just been sitting in my stash waiting to be assembled. Why not?

Cheers

Alex

h7242d55.JPG

h6c01c48.JPG

ha1a65cc.JPG

hc3200fe.JPG

h4b0912a.JPG

(y)

Alex, I know you can spray paint, ever thought about trying your hand at BMF?

https://www.bare-metal.com/bare-metal-foil.html

Thanks Bob

I had to give up all sorts of spraying lately. I have been in sort of a "flared up modus" of my asthma this summer.

Answering your question, I have never tried BMF because I haven't the foggiest about what it is. I will look into the website you sent me, many thanks.

Cheers

Alex

Back