• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Scrap Heap Cuban M4A3 (76) HVSS

Re: Scrap Heap Cuban M4A3E8

Im sorry, Saul, but can you go into a bit more detail of the supa-glue and marker pen method as Im being very thick today :blink

Id quite like to know how that comes out

Andy thin up man! :D

I use a marker pen to simply let me know how much is being sanded or filed away. It has nothing to do with super glue. It has ALL to do with files and sandpaper.

When using a filler (here is where super glue makes its appearance) I try to level it as much as possible to minimize the amount to be filed and/or sanded. In the case of super glue, I use cellophane tape to get the surface as level and smooth as I can since super glue will not adhere to the sticky side of the tape.

After the glue is dry, I remove the tape and file/sand until the depression is filled. I use the marker pen ink to let me know how much has been sanded or filed away..

Here are more photos from that build which I did not post yet:
M4A3E8_Scrap_001.jpg

and the aforementioned hull with bottom details being added (still a WIP):
M4A3E8_Scrap_002~1.JPG

Regards,

Got notified that my TigerModels order is on its way! This means that the Tasca parts get updated, releasing them to upgrade the Dragon parts, releasing those to update this kit! I hope it was worth the wait for you all... I am just simply confused by the USPS web site.

When was this shipped?

"Confirm Shipment Status Shipment Information

Confirmation Number: 9101010521297552000994

Shipped on: January 10, 2009

Shipped via: USPS First Class

Confirmation Scan History

Date Time Location Status
March 4, 2011 20:50:00 KEARNY, NJ 07032 PROCESSED
March 3, 2011 21:44:00 PENSACOLA, FL 32522 PROCESSED
March 3, 2011 13:52:00 PANAMA CITY, FL 32404 ACCEPT OR PICKUP
March 3, 2011 07:17:00 32404 Electronic Notification

Shipment status is updated every evening.
USPS Confirmation Service Used
Delivery Confirmation: Provides date, time and place of delivery.
Note: Status information may be provided while the package is enroute, but it is not a regular feature of the service.
"

Regards,

Got the package! It was waiting by my garage/workshop door when I got back from Karate practice...
now to decide what trickles down to this build.

TigerModels_001.JPG

With the new Archer casting marks... I am getting excited to get back on this one!

Regards,

M4A3E8_Scrap_022.JPG

Bottom hull detailing is done, now to complete the sides and rear including new idler mounts.

M4A3E8_Scrap_023.JPG

The gunner's periscope needs fitting as do all the new detail bits. Archer Fine Transfer Surface Details will add the casting marks and Tiger Models has provided spare 76mm turret pistol post/shell ejection door in their 75mm turret sets... so, I have a super detailed one now to add here!

Regards,

It's always a " long dog " day when goodies arrive [ shut up Andy :laugh: ] , and the goodies look great Saul .
Looking forward to more progress shots .

Thanks Laura and Glenn,

I had to steal two hours from my sleep to finish the hull bottom. Looking at the posted image, a lot of the edges look wavy! If you look at the full sized image (1024 pixels wide) you can see that they are straight. I guess it is the compression used when resizing the image for the post.

My wife wanted to have a discussion about this trade-off (sleep for modeling time). She put forth that I am killing myself. I reminded her that I am not sleeping well thanks to stress. So, I decided to build models and clear my head. I then asked her (the whole conversation is in Polish mind you) if I should have woke her up instead:
:evil:
1048707-Royalty-Free-RF-Clip-Art-Illustration-Of-A-Cartoon-Fat-Man-In-A-Speedo.jpg

This was a brief, not a thong, when I put it on... does it turn you on?

She called me a swine and that was it! No more discussion.

Laura, since you often let us hear some music in your threads, I am willing to risk ridicule by doing the same. When scratch-building, I find it important not to drink caffeine and to have soothing music on. The work you see, like the placement of bolts, is all done by eye, no measurements were taken for spacing.

Enya, the Long Ships with photos by National Geographic

Dido, White Flag

I hope the above links work as I can't see any streaming media at NYPD to ensure the video quality.

Regards,

I feel for you Saul. Its a sucky feeling for sure. Nice choice in music.
James

enya? the longships? well, that song's on her album 'watermark' . i have that LP in pristine condition and it's one of my most loved records in my belonging! her recordings are among the best out there in the music world - 16 sound tracks mixed together!

hmmmmmmmm ... you make me thinking of digging out this dearly loved LP (and henry mancini's hatari) and listen to it again!

and please ... tell me what's wrong with dido? that's uberchilly music!

i may be goth and black as black can be but that doesn't limit my love to music - good music knows no limits!

(i lived together with a hiphopper for years and we were always joking at each other's music but always with respect and when he explained some rap breathing techniques i could even discover some interest in rap music although goths and hiphoppers hate each other like poison! take manau - la tribu de dana ... hiphop but one of my most loved songs and way awesome!)

Laura, I did not expect ridicule from you! Some do know me as the Shark's Mouth, since I tear into people at work with no mercy. Then I go home and listen to Dido, Enya, smooth Jazz, Gerry Rafferty, Sade, Basia. Of course, I also go the other way and listen to all but 'Gangsta cRap.'

Regards,

Strange... I am home now and the images look fine. Not compressed at all. I guess it is the network speed at the Police Academy. John's images of his GAZ did not fully download either,

Regards,

I'd point to the Proxy at the Academy..(that theme song always starts playing in my head when I see that name...) Mahoney!!!

We didn't even have computers when I went to the police academy LOL!

Saul I feel your pain buddy. We've had some of the busiest days here I've ever experienced in my career. Normally I work four 10 hour days, lately it's been a minimum of 12. Then too I've been waiting a month for some AM tracks to finish a build.

My wife tolerates long nights at the bench as, in her words, "I'd rather have you sitting at the breakfast bar building a model, than sitting in a bar hitting on one".

Your work is inspiring keep it up, but get some sleep too.

G

Back