• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Scrap Heap Cuban M4A3 (76) HVSS

Re: Scrap Heap Cuban M4A3E8

¡Coño! (Don't repeat this...)

I pulled out the M4A3E8 hull tub to finish detailing the HVSS suspension. I hadn't attached the front set but find that I lost one! I now need to scratch-build it...
:smack:

Anyway, this was my intent until I was side-tracked.

M4A3E8_Scrap_038.JPG

The back of each HVSS should have the same bolt detail as the front.

M4A3E8_Scrap_039.JPG

This is from MP Models' M-50 kit.

Let's see how my scratch skills hold up tomorrow.

Regards,

too bad about the lost suspension but you'll overcome the problems!

your attention to details shows how much you love this hobby! awesome!

My goodness! I can't believe I lost this thread. Anyway, I looked at the box since I did get this kit (it is shy and hiding):
nov23252520010.JPG

I will check out the parts and try to replicate them. Tasca now sells their HVSS separately as well as the relevant sprue with the torsion bar assist for the engine hatches.

Regards,

ok, let's :popcorn :popcorn :popcorn

Insane brother!

p.s: I'm searching for your book saul, when I found something I tell you.. :soldier

Someone is watching my build logs and I guess this is meant as a push.

;)

Thanks Bill!

CMDT23CM001.jpg

CMDT23CM002.jpg

Regards,

A quick note, I am using the new CMD turret (OK, it isn't really new but modified to have a positionable periscope) as a 'pattern' for my canvas cover.

After all the work I put into the turret, I am not about to replace it.

Since no photographs, my first two attempts haven't been successful.

Regards,

While looking through my Sherman stash, to get rid of a few, I came across an old MP Models M-50. After all, I already planned to use parts of it. Looking at the suspension once more, it became obvious that Academy was 'inspired' by this suspension when they made their own. So, no need to scratchbuild! I only had to modify the part a bit to be a replacement for the lost bogie mount.

An old Tamiya M4A3 75mm is giving up its late final drive housing and idler mount as the HVSS used two left idler mounts with the right one being upside down. No photos tonight, only Sofrito: Sofrito na más.

Regards,

Last edited:
Back