• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Plastic Surgeons Club Meeting

IMG_6358.JPG

Surgeon Club Plank-owner Kurt (young Mr. Young) and his wife Tootie, Webb Groos, (who saved my miserable Life once) on the right.
IMG_6359.JPG

Barry, Bob, and Mike. Mike makes the meade for our Christmas celebration. It's tasty, in a Viking sort of way! :drinks
IMG_6360.JPG

Ronnie Schultz, sporting camo shirt, and a new Haircut saved me from myself. He bought the Revell Deals Wheel's Fokker Funfdecker kit while I was enjoying a rare Tasty Taco's treat. Thank you Ronnie!! I loved the new thing he was doing with his hair and I encouraged him to continue washing it!!

IMG_6368.JPG

Golf Professional, Nate McCoy has created a figure vignette that touched my Heart. These Guys are First Marine Division Marines, going ashore a Peleliu. Our good old (long passed away) original member, Gilbert Wheeler was among those Marines that day. Nate's skillset continues to be amazing to me. He and our eminient Figure Guy, Don Barry, have been sharing tips & tricks! :notworthy :ro: :good: :salute
IMG_6361.JPG

IMG_6362.JPG

IMG_6363.JPG

Nate confesses he purloined the materials for his Palm tree trunk from his Mother's craft stores, some years ago! :bat
IMG_6364.JPG

IMG_6365.JPG

Jeff Holle picked as his first kit after he'd recovered enough to make a model, the HORRIBLE ICM :bang head 76mm Russian dual-purpose gun. Poor silly Jeffrey!! He likes Eastern Block subjects. God Bless His Heart!
IMG_6366.JPG

President Rod brought his IAF Mirage for display. Rod displayed an alternative gesture for my camera, at my urging!
IMG_6367.JPG

Not all the treats I bring to the meeting are unhealthy!!
I had a fine time. I'd missed a couple of meeting reports.
Thanks for Looking In!! :salute :eek:ldguy :pilot

You guys always seem to have such a good time (y) apart from the harvesting !

Great WW II dio (y) (y) (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

I finished my Job today @ 1100. I went to the house, picked up my models and headed out to the Hobbytown in Ankeny. It was not a regular Club meeting just a build/BS day. We called it "Don's Play Date".
IMG_6441.JPG

IMG_6450.JPG

Ron Huntimer, and "Play date" Don. Don worked on a Wehrmacht MG-34 Gunner, Ron is working on a PLASTIC Horse, Limber and Cannon set. "Open a kit, Man. Free your inner Monster, Man."
IMG_6439.JPG

IMG_6446.JPG

Car Guys, mark & Bob ply their craft. Mark's model is a 1/35 scale Jeep. (Still a car, right?!? :hmmm )
IMG_6443.JPG

Bob's Choppin' and Shapin' per usual on a '36 Chebby.
IMG_6442.JPG

Club President, Rod, is making a 1/48 AU-23 Peacemaker. He's not using the cannon, :idonno she'll be a treetop flyer/smuggler ship.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUmIO_MG5IU
IMG_6444.JPG

Club Treasurer George, and Jeff "Armor-Pedia" Holle confer about...............Tootsie Pops!
IMG_6447.JPG

IMG_6448.JPG

USS Georgia made her first Voyage today. In company with USS Tigerfish, and Mr. Clownie snivelled his way along as well. :facepalm All I did was B/S and sand the endless horrible hull seam.
IMG_6449.JPG

A very "Focused" Ron, with his plastic Horsey! (y)
IMG_6453.JPG

Heller puts the Hell in model airplane kits. George has our sympathies, as he toils with his Minicraft and Heller Connies. :zen
IMG_6455.JPG

Rodney made good progress on his Turbo Pilatus! (y)
We hung out fo about 3 hours. We made some new friends, and I only shot one kid with a rubber band!
Thanks for looking in!! :salute

Chris,

Looks like you are not having a great time with the floating thingie. :skipper

Missed you in Minneapolis. :pilot

Frank

Welcome aboard Frank!
Hawkwrench has some egg-beater company now.
USS Georgia MUST be Just so. She's a gift for my Sweetie's Son, who serves aboard in the propulsion department. No, He doesn't glow in the dark! :rotf :salute :skipper

I remembered my camera this week!! Posting and Pict's for 17 November meeting to come!
Stay tuned, Viewers!

IMG_6523.JPG

Good old Keith Partridge has returned for a meeting! He brought his Galaxy Models 1/25 '47 Chebbie Streamliner. It's PURTY!!
IMG_6524.JPG

Jeff Holle's looking better. Nate, Barry, Bob, and Ron.
IMG_6526.JPG

Jeff seemed oddly detached. Hmm.
IMG_6525.JPG

Ross and Joe's G6 Rhino. :D
IMG_6527.JPG

Club Prez. Rod, Hobby Robbie (Viper) Webb, and Don (our Giant)
IMG_6530.JPG

Hobbie Robbie brought his finished "marathon" Fujimi 1/500 IJN Yamato (y) B) :coolio
IMG_6529.JPG

It seems all those years working on Yamato have had an interesting effect on Hobbie Robbie.
IMG_6532.JPG

Dave's used panzer salesman has been too long on the job!
IMG_6528.JPG

Dave seems ecstatic about his finished Stugg.
IMG_6531_281024x65229.jpg

Webb studies instructions, while the Meeting runs amok, yet again! :facepalm

IMG_6533.JPG

Barry Rolow's building one of those 40,0000 Hammered-War Space Ranger attack space thingies!! :geek
IMG_6534.JPG

IMG_6539.JPG

Guns and Wings and jets, OH MY! :rotf
IMG_6538.JPG

IMG_6536.JPG

IMG_6537.JPG

Nate McCoy's converted static grass shooter, and his nifty Jeep dio! :notworthy (y):
IMG_6543.JPG

IMG_6545.JPG

The most courageous of us all. Ronnie Huntimer progresses on Lindberg's 1/12 ancient Civil War Union Artillery set. Ron's doing a fine job on a plastic kit. Obviously he's freed his Inner Monster!
IMG_6535.JPG

IMG_6547.JPG

I've long suspected Ron had some ol' Rebel in him. Lookit where he impaled his Yankee artillery Officer for painting! :pinch:
IMG_6548.JPG

IMG_6541.JPG

Tim had 2 of these big 'ol Tamiya Tiger I model kits. Don't he look pleased?!? :drinks

IMG_6544.JPG

I was well pleased when Roscoe gave me a bagged kit of Revell's old 1/72 F-111A/B kit. The decals are almost impossible to find in this good of shape at this price point!! Freebie!! I wanted them for my Navy F-111B kit-bash:yipee :eek:ldguy :pilot (y)
Thank you Ross!!!!!
IMG_6542.JPG

Close-up of Keith's Streamliner. A really nice model of a curvy classic!!!
Bob Malloy brought his 1/25 scale '36 Ford coupe, and held forth about how to chop tops, and channel frames, but I was so enthralled, I neglected to take a picture of Her. :smack

That's all this time! Thanks Men, for looking in!! :salute

This Frosty December eve, the IPMS Plastic Surgeons had our Christmas Party and Gift exchange. We chose Tanner's Bar & Grill, in Ankeny IA for our Club venue.
IMG_6620.JPG

IMG_6619.JPG

The evening began an the comfy, warm and welcoming home of Ronnie Huntimer & his lovely wife, Kayleen. Snacks, beverages and a tour of their awesome, welcoming, home.
IMG_6621.JPG

IMG_6622.JPG

IMG_6623.JPG

IMG_6624.JPG

IMG_6625.JPG

Jolly Club Members in attendance. A fine time was had.
IMG_6626.JPG

I did bring a Christmas present to our fetching Bar-Mistress Abby. She seemed suitably delighted. She impossibly adorable, and very sweet! :love

That's all for now! Thanks for looking in!! :salute

Back