• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Plastic Surgeons Club Meeting

As a specially trained A/P Elf, on Santa's new, very swift, and technically advanced Sleigh. I wore my Claus Hat. The direct line is in the poof ball. Bells jingle when The Big Red Man calls. :rotf

Don's carefully examining a huge bottle CACKALACKY Sweet Sauce made by the good people at the Cheerwine company. We ain't never see'd such a thang, round these here parts. An unnamed generous and awesome friend in the Sunny South shipped, at his own great expense, a bottle fer mysailf and one for Don during this season of Giving. IT'S GOOD!! I'm tryin' mine out Sunday. Next Sunny Southern Car-ride, I'm bringing a sizable Truck!

During this solitary Christmas season, I have found the true meaning of "Christmas Giving" with the help of many of my treasured, beloved, Brethren. :notworthy (you know WHO you are!) :ro: As I seek some "Neutral" and untwist from recent personal events, It brought me much happiness to bring The Adorable Abby a present, in appreciation for her bright, sweet, effervescent, kindnesses. It was as much fun to give the gift, not unlike other gifts so far, as it might have been to receive any presents of my own.

These woods are lovely, Dark & deep. I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep. :salute

Nothing worse than a twist in your schwartz, sending :zen

Glad you fellers had a good time. :drinks

29 June Meeting report!
I finally got to a club meeting! It was awfully good to see My People after a 6-week hiatus.
h3bf8655.JPG

Club President, Barry Rolow leads the meeting in very much the same fashion as his predecessors.
Surgeons in attendance. (I'm the guy behind the camera!)
ha4654c1.JPG

Smilin' Ross Petra, and the ever-cheery young Curt Young!

hf255f75.JPG

The Hobbyboss 1/700 Russian Typhoon class Boomer has been a hit with many Plastic Surgeons. Ty(phoon) Stevens displays his tidy lil' Boat.
h9451dc0.JPG

Ty's little brother got around to his Tamiya 1/35 M1 Abrams
h4b95f0a.JPG

Ty's Dad, Nate, looks on with pride.

h0b653ab.JPG

Contest Committee Chairman Joe Lotz with Ray Powers & His newer Tamiya 1/35 Panther. Ray back dated the Panther to an early D so so the resin applique zimmerit would be easier to install.
hdd141b1.JPG

Mr. President? Oh Mr. President! Whatchadoin'?
h536582b.JPG

Here's a Blast from the Past! Evidently, if you visited an Armor museum in the 1980's, you have be a He-Man.
h9db590d.JPG

Do any of you recognize the pictured "Manly Men"?

I do what I can, as CEO of Sea N' Sky, to honor our Service Members. The Iowa Aviation Museum asked our membership to build 1/48 Accurate Miniatures Mitchell B-25B's for the 3 Iowa USAAC crewmen that took part in the Doolittle raid, as part of the 75th anniversary back in April. Don Barry, Joe Lotz, and Kevin Nelson where the brave fools, Souls! that agreed to attempt this miracle. (Yeah. NOBODY likes the complex, fidgety A/M kit much) :bang head :frantic :facepalm :pp
For my part in this undertaking, I chose to present the intrepid Model Makers with Doolittle Raiders 75th Anniversary Ball-caps. I picked these up on a recent visit to USS Hornet, CVS-12, with this purpose in mind.
h7dc2e72.JPG

Don built "Whiskey Pete" Robert Mitchum's, er, rather, Robert Gray's Ship. Cpl. Leland Faktor, of Plymouth, IA was with Bob Gray on the Raid. :salute
Joe hasn't decalled his Mitchell yet, so I'm unsure which Raider he will finish.

Mum's the word! Kevin doesn't have his 75th Anniversary Hat yet.

Looks like there are spilled beans, if he reads this. :laugh:

Good on you guys! :salute

Col. Ross Greening of Carroll, Iowa and William Dieter from Vail, IA are our 2 other Iowa Doolittle Raiders.
It is an honor to do my humble part, for our members, as they labor to honor our fallen Veterans. :salute

That is fantastic! I'm so glad to see these meetings again, I'm thrilled you made it back for one. Great pics and awesome commemoration.

Back