• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Plastic Surgeons Club Meeting

A very Great Meeting ... Me all I have is the wrinkle club ... But they are Model Railroaders ... looks like a great turn out ... I need one of those Caissons .... (y) :woohoo: :salute

Looks like you all have fun Rhino! That is the whole point! I missed my monthly group meeting last Saturday. Was so into doing the internet looky-loo that I totally forgot about it. Ah well had nothing really built so saved the gas.

Trade off I guess for the time they forgot to tell me the meeting was cancelled and I drove over there. :pp

As Club President, I labor under the illusion that our boisterous club meetings can be managed. Generally, that illusion lasts 15-30 minutes. :bat :gogo Rather than "spanking" our model friends & club members, We focus on the fun of model-making, in all it's guises, :yipee and enjoy the company of treasured friends we only see every couple of weeks. WE DO endeavor to be respectful while another member speaks about his Model Project. :tomato

Don Barry gave Barry Rolow (Barry-Barry? see?!! :pp ) a fine tutorial on paint brushes, how to pick out, use, and store them. :eek:ldguy I enjoy wathcing the "Light come on" when a less experienced modeler benefits from the vast experience of a more seasoned Man. Don is a treasure-trove of model techniques, tips & tricks.

Jeff Holle (pr. Holley. see?!) a former Army Serviceman, and knows all about tank tracks. He shared some of his wisdom about 1/1 scale armor as well. A useful and interesting Man. :salute :soldier
We DO have a good time.

Thanks, Brothers, for your kindnesses.

Just a little advice, keep some eye candy with you when you step out from behind the camera, you know, ships, tanks, food, gals...not necessary in that order of course. :D :beer

11 February 2016 Plastic Surgeon Club Meeting.
Ross, Jeff (Armor-pedia)Holle, Aimee, Joe, Rod, George & Denny.
IMG_4728.JPG

Bob, Don (model-pedia) Barry, Webb, Smilin' Mike Seek & Barry Rolow. Jon Bond returned tonight. A Plastic Surgeon's Stalwart. Dave, Nate and Myself, but we aren't in these pictures.
IMG_4729.JPG

Mike brought his canoe! Matchbox 1/72 Flower-class Corvette.
IMG_4731.JPG

Big Don Barry brought a canoe too!!! SOG insertion. How many soldiers can YOU find!
IMG_4732.JPG

Just in time for Valentine's Day, Bob Bidler's Bronco Valentine infantry tank!! :love :yipee :ro:
IMG_4733.JPG

Denny is working on a couple of Bradly IFV's. Parked them in a bad neighborhood, it seems.
IMG_4734.JPG
:soldier

Rod's VF-17 F4U-1 Corsair. A fine tribute to Tommy Blackburn, and his men! :drunk :pilot
IMG_4736.JPG

Joe's 1/48 Tamiya Pershing. :notworthy
IMG_4738.JPG

There's something wrong with Joe Lotz. :frantic
IMG_4742.JPG

He's working on this; I feel a strange disturbance in the Force.
IMG_4737.JPG

New Plastic Surgeon Nate McCoy displays a great deal of promise, don't you agree?
IMG_4735.JPG

Jon Bond brought three models to show. You can just just see Nate, on the far right, Dave (Hobby)Bos, and Dave in the Background, over the Tamiya 1/48 Spitfire Mk.1a :dude :pilot
IMG_4743.JPG

Jon's Spit, and M3 Honey, with lots of Formations resin bits!
IMG_4739.JPG

Lookie!! There's Stuff in there!! :good:
IMG_4744.JPG

Sir Jon Bond's Academy M-10 Achilles tank destroyer Dio. :notworthy (y) :ro: :soldier
IMG_4741.JPG

There's STUFF in there too!! Bloody marvelous!!
IMG_4740.JPG

Jon decided the Tasco M2 .50 caliber was the best choice for his Tiger-slayer. :drinks
IMG_4745.JPG

That all for this weeks meeting report!!
The you go, Mike!!

Our 25 February, 2016 Meeting was a little less heavily attended, and our Show & Tell was a tad light. 2 members brought examples of their handiwork. Mike Seek put a top on his big canoe (HMS Bluebell) and some color. I can find no fault with his western approaches camo. scheme. The old 1/72 Matchbox turd (not an easy kit to build) is coming along nicely. Webb "Father Time" Groos, looks on, his usual passing interest. :eek:ldguy
IMG_4807.JPG

Mike moved his arm. I like this model!! All of you, who know me, know I'm not over-hard to please. :drool
IMG_4808.JPG

Our Armor-Pedia member brought a balst form his past! His US half-track, mounting the M1 57mm (6 pounder british) A/T gun, in it's guise as a Polish Tank killer. Jeff speaks a bit of Polish, so he's cooler than some of us. He researches his models, most meticulously. :zen
IMG_4810.JPG

I questioned whether the Green was right. It turns out it's not! HA! :rotf
IMG_4810.JPG

Photos of our Merry Band! Visiting us, this Eve, on the far left, is Mike Mahler, from Ohio. A most welcome guest!
IMG_4809.JPG

As usual, this post is mostly for Iron Mike, so he can see what his fellow Iowa miscreants are up to. I'm well pleased when aLL MY M/A brothers look in~!! :pilot :eek:ldguy :drool

Glad to see everyone, but that last photo looks like you just told them dues were going up. :rotf

:drinks

Glad to see everyone, but that last photo looks like you just told them dues were going up. :rotf

:drinks

Or maybe you have to go out in the cold ?

Those life sized cookies looked very realistics .

Looks like a pretty good meeting . That canoe is really large :woohoo:

Cheers, Christian B)

I agree wish there were more people who modeled around my area. A club would be nice. :(

Same here Gerry-- I love where I live and all the history here- but it is a virtual wasteland...especially with the Hobbytown now closed :(

I missed a Club meeting, while I was on my annual Dixie Flyer road trip. The Plastic Surgeons built MODELS!! Lookie! :yipee The wise Model-sage Don Barry is making this dio, under contract. Eastern Front, Summer 1941, 100 Miles from Moscow. Friends, Modelers, Children of all ages, We are proud to present the AFV Club 1/35 105mm Light Howitzer!
PaB auf! Halte dem Schnauzel!!
IMG_5110.JPG

IMG_5111.JPG

IMG_5112.JPG

Don figures the MG-34 crew is doing their best to hose the Russian infantry of the advancing T-34's that may have been just a few for-real feet from the Gun & Crew. The gun crew is attempting to rapidly pound the T-34's with concrete penetrating rounds. The T-34 came as quite a surprise to Wehrmacht soldiers.
IMG_5113.JPG

IMG_5114.JPG

If the stone wall looks like pea-gravel to you, that's because it is!! :ro:
IMG_5115.JPG

Eilen Sie!!
IMG_5116.JPG

I liked this Diorama immensely! Shows action, tells a story, :soldier :coolio
IMG_5117.JPG

Mike Seek's "canoe" grew up into a fine example of an RCN Flower class Corvette! :captain
IMG_5119.JPG

IMG_5120.JPG

The 4.5 in. mount rotates and elevates.
IMG_5121.JPG

IMG_5122.JPG

Stuka's eye-view! The Sea did her best to beat the snot out of these little ships. I commented I thought Mike under-weathered his ship. He says he could only go so far. (y)
IMG_5123.JPG

IMG_5124.JPG

IMG_5125.JPG

Ray Powers finished his USMC OA-4M Skyhawk. A time-honored 1/48 Monogram model Kit.
IMG_5126.JPG

She's loaded for bear! LGB's & CBU's.
IMG_5127.JPG

Back