• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Model Cars, Trucks and Motorcycles.Update 4/30/19

A Pocher Ferrari Testarossa Finished, June 13th

OK, after a 3 month layoff, I'm back on the Ferrari. I scraped all the old letters and cooling fins off the old valve covers and redid them. Laura, this time I spelled testarossa correctly :D

My plans are to finish the engine first.

headcovers.jpg

It's a start! Bob

Even in 1/8 those letters are tiny! great work Bob! (y)
//Mats

I don't see how you do things so small(optivisors eh). Look great! Oh I thought it was spelled right the first time. :silly:

I don't see how you do things so small(optivisors eh). Look great! Oh I thought it was spelled right the first time. :silly:

Yeah, Laura caught me. It was spelled testerossa and should have been spelled testarossa. She's half Italian, you know! :D

I'm telling you Terry, If not for Optivisors, I wouldn't have been modeling for the last 20 years. I've been using them since the early 80s. This was a good example, I did the first ones using a device that fits on my glasses. Then I put on the optivisors and saw it was not only misspelled, but crooked.

Bob

Yeah, Laura caught me. It was spelled testerossa and should have been spelled testarossa. She's half Italian, you know! :D

I'm telling you Terry, If not for Optivisors, I wouldn't have been modeling for the last 20 years. I've been using them since the early 80s. This was a good example, I did the first ones using a device that fits on my glasses. Then I put on the optivisors and saw it was not only misspelled, but crooked.

Bob

Maybe I better not use them no telling what I would see on my models. :blink

:laugh:

Terry, I'll bet you would love optivisors once you used them. You are about the age I was when I discovered them.

Well, here's an update on the Ferrari engine. All the engine parts come in a grey or black plastic color. There are no chrome, copper or brass parts in the kit.

The metallic appearance was done using buffable polished steel paint, mixed with a tiny bit of gloss Royal blue. Then buffed to a high finish when dry. I added a lot of wiring, (But not nearly all), at this stage I made plastic looms for the brass wiring under the heads of each side, lots of PE brass parts from the scrap box and so on.

LFeng-1.jpg

LReng-1.jpg

LSeng-1.jpg

I added the fan belt stiffener blades with slots in the center from plastic strip.

RFeng.jpg

RReng-1.jpg

RSeng-1.jpg

I have started on the frame so I set the engine on the mounts temporarily for a photograph. Believe me, this will be much more busier when finished.

mtdLF-1.jpg

mtdRF-1.jpg

mtdRS-1.jpg

I think it will look very convincing in a photograph when completed. That is if my luck holds out and I don't mess it up!

Bob

Miami Vice reruns, with the white Testarossa, on my PC thanks to you!

Regards,

I wasn't kidding!

;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3f3uv6MzRg

Regards,

(y) (y)
Just love the metal finnish on that engine!
:popcorn
//Mats

(y) (y)
Just love the metal finnish on that engine!
:popcorn
//Mats

Thanks Mats,

I've been perfecting that for around 25 years, I think! I like it better than chrome. It looks much more real!

Bob

Back