• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Ma.K Armored Raider Pk.f 85 Falke

Thank you guys! This is the point when the build starts to build momentum. I should be able to hit the paint booth next week!

M

Thank you guys! This is the point when the build starts to gain momentum. I should be able to hit the paint booth next week!

M

Sherman, MP, thanks!

Here is an update on the build, long overdue!

First lets backtrack a little, as before assembling the fuse parts I realized there was a visible gap behind the pilot seat.

So I made a firewall with some stock material.

Mucho buenitero!

After assembly came the tedious work of filling, sanding and re-scribing. Some of the kit's panel lines and rivets had to be entirely re-scribed as they were far too shallow.

For the big rivets I used a hypo needle cut straight with its edge filed to a sharp edge. Works like a charm.

Once painted the work done on the air filters pays off!

Next came the last area in need of detailing: the inside of the hatch. I used the AirScale 1/24 "Cockpit Details" fret for the instruments, switches, etc. These have really nice details.

More soon (I hope)...

M

What a great idea!! I had to repair some rivets on the Hawk and this would have been much simpler than what I did. (y)

Thank you all for the positive feedback!

I started painting the hatch and should get another good session in today. :soldier

M

Thank you Hippy Ed!

With the advent of indirect vision the Ma.K pilots could do away with clear canopies and replace them with heavily armored hatches, which offered plenty of space on the inside for instrumentation and controls. Overhead, just like in bombers and airliners.

On the modeling side, I wanted to make the inside of the open hatch a focal point that attracts the viewers attention to the cockpit detail. So I put on my greebler hat and went to work as detailed in the last post. Here's the final result after the painter came by.

I'm quite happy with how it turned out. Hope you like it too!

M

Back