• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Ma.K Armored Raider Pk.f 85 Falke

Thank you Luiz!

Wanted to create some battle damage for my Falke. I used as a reference pics of tanks holed by anti-tank guns. I didn't go for the shredded look of mauled aircraft. After all, the Falke is an armored flying tank so I tried to replicate the pierced armor effect.

You can see in the pics the tools I used. Besides drill bit and diamond point I used a red hot needle to make the grooves of melted metal. I used a windproof lighter to heat the needle rather than a candle to avoid soot getting all over the place. Lastly I used some styrene melted with lacquer thinner (I always have a jar of it at the ready) to make the lip of melted metal around the hole.

Thank you guys, glad you like it!

Looking back at it now I realize that 3 shaped charge holes are maybe a bit too much. But hey, who knows what the heck can happen in these damn Ma.K wars! :D

M

Thank you both.

MP, yes something like that. The idea here is that it was shot and crash landed. Damage had to be enough to put it out of commission but not enough to completely wreck it. ;)

M

Thank you, James!

I'd gone on a trip last week but now I'm back at the bench, which feels good!

That baby is all buttoned up now. Filling and sanding are next.

Back