• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Latest Acquisitions

This was in the mail today. Looks like a nice vignette.

DSC04426.JPG

James

Nice one James! i never seen that before, is it 1/35 or 1/32?

//Mats

Latest Acquisitions

1/32 Matts. I guess they are going to do a series of Napolionics. This caught my fancy. There is no dog though which was kind of disappointing.
James

Latest Acquisitions

that would be nice if they come out with more sets like this :)

I'm still waiting for someone to bring out the Swedish "karoliner" army in 1/35 or 32

They fought all over eastern europe and russia so i think it would be sweet to build something like that, the only ones now are in 1/72 and also the Prince August "cast yourself" lead figures

Here you have a link to some reading about it, a lot of text but very interesting, how a small country like sweden could be a world power! :)

http://alexanderclark.squarespace.com/scandinavia/2011/12/18/swedish-military-organisation-and-victory-at-narva-1700.html

//Mats

Latest Acquisitions

1/32 Matts. I guess they are going to do a series of Napolionics. This caught my fancy. There is no dog though which was kind of disappointing.
James

Email Alexander at Master Box and tell him that you thought the kit came with a dog. They might very well send you a dog. They also might add a dog to the kit. Master Box really likes to get custoer advice and/feedback.

Cheers from Peter

Latest Acquisitions

that would be nice if they come out with more sets like this :)

I'm still waiting for someone to bring out the Swedish "karoliner" army in 1/35 or 32

They fought all over eastern europe and russia so i think it would be sweet to build something like that, the only ones now are in 1/72 and also the Prince August "cast yourself" lead figures

Here you have a link to some reading about it, a lot of text but very interesting, how a small country like sweden could be a world power! :)

http://alexanderclark.squarespace.com/scandinavia/2011/12/18/swedish-military-organisation-and-victory-at-narva-1700.html

//Mats

Email Alexander at Master Box and suggest they make those figures and why you think they'd be popular. Master Box really likes to get customers' suggestions for figures and/or kits and are pretty good at delivering. Witness all those civilian sets and/or sets with civilians in them.

Cheers from Peter

Latest Acquisitions

I got this "new" Airfix kit from an Ebay seller for $40.

airfixbox_zps897d3407.jpg

I may join this club.
afclub_zpsc8761a52.jpg

Is that the old Peerless Max come Italeri kit? If so, then it'll be a pretty nice build.

Cheers from Peter

Hi Peter.
It sure is. The box art is mis-leading. It shows a canvas cover on the trailer. But the trailer does not come with the canvas cover. This kit goes back to 1975. I was ten back then.

Latest Acquisitions

I got this "new" Airfix kit from an Ebay seller for $40.

Is that the old Peerless Max come Italeri kit? If so, then it'll be a pretty nice build.

Cheers from Peter

Hi Peter.
It sure is. The box art is mis-leading. It shows a canvas cover on the trailer. But the trailer does not come with the canvas cover. This kit goes back to 1975. I was ten back then.

At least you got the trailer. It doesn't come in the Italeri/Tesor's kit.

Cheers from Peter

Latest Acquisitions

Email Alexander at Master Box and suggest they make those figures and why you think they'd be popular.

Both MasterBox and MiniArt are in a hot zone in the Ukraine (although the latter announced plans to move out of the Crimea). You may not get a response from them for a while.

Regards,

Latest Acquisitions

Email Alexander at Master Box and suggest they make those figures and why you think they'd be popular.

Both MasterBox and MiniArt are in a hot zone in the Ukraine (although the latter announced plans to move out of the Crimea). You may not get a response from them for a while.

Regards,

Unfortunately there are more problems over there right now. I wont say more as I dont want to break the no politics rule. I wonder though if they would do as Matts suggests. That would be very cool.
James

Latest Acquisitions

Well i hope it will come out fine, not an easy situation overthere right now :(

I had a package waiting for me today :)

The decals and mask for the Stuka and Ju88 (y)

First the Eduard Mask

P1150734.JPG

And then some German decals from Techmod (not sure how politicaly correct this set is, but i want a accurate model!)

P1150735.JPG

P1150737.JPG

Then a set for one of my Ju88's, early markings, summer 1940 france.

P1150738.JPG

P1150739.JPG

The details are very nice and the instructions to with detailed views for painting and placing decals.

P1150740.JPG

P1150741.JPG

P1150742.JPG

Now just up to me to place them nice to..... :smack :bang head

//Mats

Latest Acquisitions

Nice decals there Mats. Techmod seems to have a huge selection. As odd as it may sound I've found that the decals on the blue backed paper work better then the decals on the white backed paper. The white sheets seem to resist setting solution. While the blue ones work great. Not sure if it is an age thing or what

Latest Acquisitions

It is a mere figbert of your amalgamation. These are not the droids you are looking for... move along....

Latest Acquisitions

Yeah, crossed one off the short list with this one, 1/72 BAC 111. Will be done in either Mohawk or American Airlines livery :yipee

Ernie

Back