• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Latest Acquisitions

DSC04491.JPG

DSC04492.JPG

Nice! I am hoping that a decal sheet is produced for the third sharkmouth. I already have these markings for my Eduard 48th scale kits.

Regards,

Latest Acquisitions

Yes, that caught my eye also. Now all I have to do is figure if the kit I have will be okay. I see a new kit is out and it is German Trams. And with Ians Battle blog I should have no problem getting inspiration for these sets.
James

Latest Acquisitions

Great scores James!! that dragon gun crew looks awesome :) :popcorn

And is there a Berlin -45 dio coming up? :D

I picked up these friday when we went to Brugge for a miniweekend (visited 3 hobbystores :))

first my Pz 38 that will be transformed into a Swedish M/41, it even had the correct rearwheels with for the swedish version (round holes instead of oval) (y)

P1150879.JPG

This one is new for me and i will give it a try, anyone tried it?

P1150881.JPG

The Evergreen assortment grew a little bit to, i like these longer profiles but there is only this store that carries them what i know of here in Belgium

P1150882.JPG

Photografs nice for a diorama :)

P1150884.JPG

This is a nice one to :)

P1150885.JPG

Also picked up some vallejo paints

//Mats

Latest Acquisitions

Nice Matts. How is the Motorcycle kit?
I got the Retarder last year. Never heard of it before that. I dont know if I used too much or used it wrong, but I (in my mind) ruined my Fokker DVII 7 Swabians. I would highly suggest using it on scrap first to get the feel of it. Maybe it is only for making Tamiya paints brush paintable?
James

Latest Acquisitions

ok i will try a little first, thanks for the heads up james :) it says on the bottle not more than 10% but maybe less if airbrushed?
//Mats

Latest Acquisitions

So long since I bought a kit.... Anyhoos, here's my belated birthday present to myself....

hbb09b59.JPG

Yep, thought I'd take a different route to most other folk and do the recce version :pilot . To make it easier, (or perhaps harder :hmmm ), I got this from the excellent New Plymouth library this afternoon:

h234df38.JPG

Over 700 pages of MiG 21 lore. Going to be an interesting build/project, later in the year.

Ian

Latest Acquisitions

Yeah, crossed one off the short list with this one, 1/72 BAC 111. Will be done in either Mohawk or American Airlines livery :yipee

Ernie

Man I remember them screaching in and out of Liverpool Airport (along with the even more shrill Viscounts and Fokker Friendships).... I swear those 1-11's were as loud as the BAC/EE Lightnings that they built up the road in Preston !!

Ian

Latest Acquisitions

I have both, and a Thud and an F-5A and no I'm not building any 1:48 'Dogfight Doubles' (Anybody else remember those ??). This will probably end-up in Syrian colours like my MiG 17, or maybe Iraqi... Not sure just yet.

What I am hugely impressed with is what comes in the box.... There's acres of plastic some of the parts so small you need a magnifying glass to see them (mostly tiny intakes and such peculiar to particular variants). It wont be hitting the bench anytime soon, but when it does it's going to be another BIG project - not in size but in concentration & effort !!

AFN

Ian

Latest Acquisitions

It has been a while since I actually bought something, other than paint etc.

But when I finally decided to get off my butt and start building again, I realized that I needed something better than my point n' shoot... I have a friend who found this for me with a macro and telescopic lens... as well as the regular lens

imgres_zpsa611be34.jpg

Latest Acquisitions

Got an early Birthday present from my youngest boy. The new Pegaso 75mm Polish Winged Hussar.

DSC04515.JPG

DSC04516.JPG

Better seen here http://www.pegasomodels.com/productdetails_en.asp?id=936

b2b_PEG_75-911_1.jpg

Got a complete works of Jules Verne from my oldest and a very very nice crib board from my Daughter and Son in Law. Awesome :yipee
James

Latest Acquisitions

Acquired over the last couple of weeks.

A flock of Harriers.
Harriers.jpg

Hurricane I & IIc
HurriI.jpg

HurriII.jpg

Hercules. Unfortunately it came from Italeri with two Sprue D's (LH Fuselage and Upper Wings) and no Sprue C (RH fuselage and Lower Wings). E-mails are out to get the missing sprue.
Herc.jpg

Javelin FAW 9
Javelin.jpg

Cheers,
Rich

Back