• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Latest Acquisitions

Some more goodies arrived today.

SpitIX.jpg

The RCAF flew 7 of these during the war, sent one to the RAF for early AI radar testing and later Instrument Landing Systems testing.
B247.jpg

Haven't tried these before,
pnl.jpg

Cheers,
Rich

Latest Acquisitions

Got some paints for my F-102 build and added another member of the Monogram Century Series to the stash.

F106.jpg

Cheers,
Rich

Latest Acquisitions

Got some paints for my F-102 build and added another member of the Monogram Century Series to the stash.

Cheers,
Rich

I've often wondered. How long did the weapons bay doors stay open? I remember that on the CF-105 Avro Arrow it would have been instantly open, missile(s)extended & launche and doors closed. All that would have taken place in mere seconds. Was it the same with the F-102 and F-106? Or did the doors stay open longer?

Cheers from Peter

Latest Acquisitions

Yes they are. Have at least one of each in the stash except the F-104, they are Hasegawa kits.

Cheers,
Rich

Latest Acquisitions

Cheers,
Rich

I've often wondered. How long did the weapons bay doors stay open? I remember that on the CF-105 Avro Arrow it would have been instantly open, missile(s)extended & launche and doors closed. All that would have taken place in mere seconds. Was it the same with the F-102 and F-106? Or did the doors stay open longer?

Cheers from Peter

IIRC, the doors cycle is very fast but not like what we hear about on the new stealth stuff. The missile would extend out of the bay so the seeker head could get the fix on the target. This was one of the weapon systems I had to study as a loader, they were still in use in the guard units back in '82.

Latest Acquisitions

Cheers,
Rich

Cheers from Peter

IIRC, the doors cycle is very fast but not like what we hear about on the new stealth stuff. The missile would extend out of the bay so the seeker head could get the fix on the target. This was one of the weapon systems I had to study as a loader, they were still in use in the guard units back in '82.

IIRC the 6 Falcons could be salvoed within 10 seconds. The door and rail system was rarely cycled on the ground because the operation was so violent.

Cheers,
Rich

Latest Acquisitions

I do seem to remember that, had to be manual cycle to lower the rails. I never worked on one, only saw one flying once. Rich wasn't the 102 the one that had the external generator that was hinged on a door and would extend to supply extra power for the weapon system?

Latest Acquisitions

This was in the mail today. Looks like a nice vignette.

DSC04426.JPG

James

Hopefully the young lady has appropriately feminine facial features and doesn't look like a man in drag like so many female figures do.

Cheers,
Rich

Latest Acquisitions

Harking back to 1975 and the Black Shack @ Lowry AFB...

I think the generator was for the gun system the mounted instead of the 4 weenies and a Genie (AIR-2a)

Latest Acquisitions

When I was up in Labrador I got a ride in the 102.
My Col. said he had a Wissom(Spelling ?) check to run and ask me if I wanted to ride along, are you kiddin me.

Another 102 left first and after a few minutes we took off and had to go find him and shoot him down.
We found him and when those doors opened and the rails extended I swear that plane stood still for a few seconds, what a hoot. When they checked the tape it was a dead center shot.

We flew around for awhile looking at the sites of Labrador and landed.

Tony lee
59th FIS on the DEW line Goose Bay Labrador

Latest Acquisitions

I do seem to remember that, had to be manual cycle to lower the rails. I never worked on one, only saw one flying once. Rich wasn't the 102 the one that had the external generator that was hinged on a door and would extend to supply extra power for the weapon system?

The F-102 had a separate generator that powered the weapon system components. I'm not sure if any of it was external.

Cheers, Rich

Latest Acquisitions

Harking back to 1975 and the Black Shack @ Lowry AFB...

I think the generator was for the gun system the mounted instead of the 4 weenies and a Genie (AIR-2a)

The Black Shack, haven't heard that term in a long long time. I was in the SAC shack though. Thats right Barney, it was for the gun system, also had one on one of the gun pods (SUU 22?). The generator was powered by the slip stream and had a wind vain on it. :pilot

Latest Acquisitions

I was supposed to go to Bitburg... But you know how Uncle is... I was SACumsized to Plattsburgh..

Back