• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

IPMS 2016 National show

Enjoy folks! As was said, take lots of pictures!

I intend to! I am a true Renaissance man, I do not have a smart phone! Actually the closest I have to a phone is the 'burner' phone/tracfone that I turn on only if the car breaks down or I am running late. This was the original intent of the phone! Ant any rate, I will have the Canon Powershot charged and raedy to rock!

I think I promised to be on good behavior :v , that part kinda bites but hey, ya gotta do, what ya gotta do............

waiting!
:yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee

After action report. :mpup

WOW! What a great show.

Started out the day with some miscommunication, :smack caught every red light between here and there and ran over a low flying hawk unfortunately.

Bruce and I didn't get in the door of the Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center good before we saw Rob Scratchmod Ferreira and talked to him for a minute, he was doing his show for Vallejo once again. Bruce and I quickly met up with Mike and Chris in the UMM Room. I wish I had checked out the tools more closely but conversation was too good and I didn't get distracted with shinny things like others did.

Gary "Old Dog" Buchanan called and we found him with his Lancaster tee shirt and Mustang cap then we started checking out all the vendors. Since I wasn't really on a mission for anything specific I didn't make a lot of purchases. Stocked up on some "Tap and Flow" applicators. Got to meet Mr Sprue Brothers "Gordan", what a nice guy, really appreciate him taking time to talk and thanks for the neat flash light. (y)

Ran into our old buddy Ken Friend, Greg Mix and my new buddy Dave Dunson :dance :drinks :rotf

The Vendor hall was packed. Squadron, Tamiya, Free Time Hobbies, man so many people there I couldn't count. Really great turn out. Rob said even the weekdays were big turn out. Dr Mike's CA had an empty rack when I checked on him on the way out the door.

And the competition was thick! The hall was full of models, some really fantastic builds. I didn't get any pictures, hope someone did, there was one F18 that really looked great I thought. If I see a picture of it I'll point it out.

Had fun at lunch with the guys, good food and coldbeer. :drinks

I would say this show was a resounding success. Congrats to the IPMS/USA Mid-Carolina Swamp Fox Modelers, IPMS/USA Piedmont Scale Modelers groups for a great show! :drinks :drinks

Had a great time guys :good:

http://forum.ipmsusa3.org/index.php?/topic/16947-photos-from-nationals/

And I didn't have to lug the camera around all day.

B)

Here's a more direct link

http://www.pelikanclub.org/category/2_gallery/201-shows-and-contests/

Sounds like you had a fantastic time. I myself was looking forward to seeing a group pic of all the MA guys together; or at least several pics of everyone separate. I did see the pics uploaded to the IPMS USA website gallery; I'll have to check out the Pelikan Club's Gallery now.

Thanks for the after action report.

Trying to find that F18.

P1120629.jpg

This is one I was really impressed with.

P1110082.jpg

Here's the one I was looking for. :pilot

I forgot to bring my camera interface cable so my group photo shot will need to wait till I get home late Monday afternoon. It was great to finally meet Bob, Chris, Mike and Bruce.

It was a pleasure meeting you Gary, hell you ain't nearly as old as I thought you would have been. :eek:ldguy.

Glad to meet you Gary . Guess if you want a group shot, you'll just have to photo shop one of us in there :rotf

I forgot to bring my camera interface cable so my group photo shot will need to wait till I get home late Monday afternoon. It was great to finally meet Bob, Chris, Mike and Bruce.

Hey G-man, it was great to meet you as well! Really guys it was a pleasure, we should plan a get together or sump-tin'

Back