• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

H.M.S. Dreadnought

Wow, I'm still trying to figure out how you did such magnificent painting on the sides and all without spoiling the deck. This is an exceptional build so far! I can't wait to see more.

Going up....

DSC04489.JPG

DSC04490.JPG

DSC04491.JPG

DSC04492.JPG

DSC04494.JPG

DSC04495.JPG

DSC04496.JPG

DSC04497.JPG

B)

:eek:hyeah :captain

Wow, I'm still trying to figure out how you did such magnificent painting on the sides and all without spoiling the deck. This is an exceptional build so far! I can't wait to see more.

Thanks Duke! Just careful painting.

B)

Thanks Duke! Just careful painting.

B)

Hair brush or airbrush? How did you mask it? How much did you thin the paint for it? If hair brush, how did you get it so smooth? I have four, almost five ships in progress, I need to find out how to do this so I can start making better ships.

Well I painted the super structure gray. Sub assemblies are painted separatly and deck was painted by hand. I'm too lazy to mask all that stuff. Then the deck was washed with brown oil wash. As far as the smoothness goes I put on more then one coat when painting by hand.

B)

I know this seems tidious, but the next layer of parts have been added.

DSC04500.JPG

DSC04501.JPG

DSC04502.JPG

DSC04503.JPG

"CAPTAIN ON THE BRIDGE!"

I started work on the bridge and chart house. I drilled and opened the windows on front of the bridge. I really don't know why Trumpeter didn't mold this part that way.

DSC04504.JPG

DSC04505.JPG

DSC04506.JPG

B)

Very open floor plan isn't it? I like the old battle wagons from this era, before the decks got littered with all the AA guns.

Very open floor plan isn't it? I like the old battle wagons from this era, before the decks got littered with all the AA guns.

Yes it is very open, however the U.S. battleship Arizona which came out later didn't even have an inclosed bridge. How would you like the stand bridge watch during a battle.

B)

Back