• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Campaign for 2017- Midway

OK-OK...I have been flip=flopping on this like crazy, I am just not thrilled with the early US aircraft...so I will join Gary and go with a 1/72 scale KATE torpedo/bomber

Looks like I am in for the B-26, Mike West says he can fix up a short wing conversion set for me, ordered his torpedo for it also. I'll use a Monogram kit.

Looks like I am in for the B-26, Mike West says he can fix up a short wing conversion set for me, ordered his torpedo for it also. I'll use a Monogram kit.

OOOoooooo...neat choice! is it just Gary & I to fend off the masses of the stars & stripes?

Jeeves, you are doing a great job here! I just re-posted this so anyone (well, me more than most) can see where se currently stand. I have the Airfix Kate on da' awy! I am thinking i may actually do this with wings folded! I do not know why I find that so neat, just do

This is my first time heading up a campaign here at MA but I think the list usually happens when we get a topic listed in the Current Campaign sections- but going through this whole thread (and people may change what they initially posted about obviously)-

Me- 1/32 Czech Model Midway Buffalo
Gary- A6M2 Zero
Chris S- SBD
Gator Kenny-1/72 F4F
Paul- ?
Rhino- ?
Iambrb- 1/72 Kate
Luiz- Dauntless
Paul (Heavens Eagle)- 1/32 Czech Model Midway Buffalo
Jeff- ?
Dave- Airfix SBD
John- Monogram B-26 plus goodies

Jeeves, you are doing a great job here! I just re-posted this so anyone (well, me more than most) can see where se currently stand. I have the Airfix Kate on da' awy! I am thinking i may actually do this with wings folded! I do not know why I find that so neat, just do

This is my first time heading up a campaign here at MA but I think the list usually happens when we get a topic listed in the Current Campaign sections- but going through this whole thread (and people may change what they initially posted about obviously)-

Me- 1/32 Czech Model Midway Buffalo
Gary- A6M2 Zero
Chris S- SBD
Gator Kenny-1/72 F4F
Paul- ?
Rhino- ?
Iambrb- 1/72 Kate
Luiz- Dauntless
Paul (Heavens Eagle)- 1/32 Czech Model Midway Buffalo
Jeff- ?
Dave- Airfix SBD
John- Monogram B-26 plus goodies

Thanks!

B-26 with torpedoes...

h9497cbe.jpg

hf7ffcac.jpg

h09e3441.jpg

h734240f.jpg

h51663e1.jpg

hbbcc43a.jpg

So does anyone make a conversion for this? :hmmm

Wanted to join this campaign but didnt have anything in the stash that worked for Midway, looked around but didnt find anything that appealed, Im not a ship guy as I mainly model armor but occasionally I turn to the dark side and do a plane. In the end I found the old Tamiya Nakajimi A6M2-N Rufe seaplane for a good price so I ordered it for this, Im hoping it comes with markings for the Midway time period. :pilot

Man I've been​ shirking my duties here....as we gear up for this starting this coming week, a lot happened this time in history 75 years ago...

May 10-12 Hypo learns that Midway is Japan's target

May 17 Nimitz forms North Pacific Fleet to send to the Aleutians

May 22 General Marshall flies to West Coast because War Department fears attack there

May 27 Nagumo's task force sorties

May 28 Japan's Northern Forces sorties

May 28 Admiral Fletcher given command of US task forces

May 28 Task Force 16 sorties from Pearl Harbor

Back