• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Campaign for 2017- Midway

GWH and Monogram made those in 48. However, if you don't want the production run of the 1A then the older Monogram one is the only game in town unless you can get the GWH TBD-1.

GWH and Monogram made those in 48. However, if you don't want the production run of the 1A then the older Monogram one is the only game in town unless you can get the GWH TBD-1.

I thought the SBU2 was the vindicator and I don't think anyone makes that yet. No matter the SBU2 is one I really want to build.

The bi-plane Corsair was the O2U & O3U. The Vindicator was the SB2U-1, -2 & -3.

Accurate Miniatures made a 1/48 series of Vindicators but they are as scarce as hen's teeth.

Cheers,
Rich

I thought that this was what you were talking about, James. I got off by one model number.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vought_SBU_Corsair

Crow tastes pretty good with Sriacha

Hey Paul no probs. I couldn't remember and doing stuff on my tablet is a pain. Anyways Trumpeter is supposed to do these in 1/32.
I believe the campaign is now until a year from now. I'm still waiting for my kit to arrive and then I'm starting. Havent built a plane in a while and I kind of miss it.
James

OK. This better get off the ground. I just ordered the Academy 1/72 Black cat and I think I have a set of early decals that will work.

OK. This better get off the ground. I just ordered the Academy 1/72 Black cat and I think I have a set of early decals that will work.

It's already off the ground. You need to catch up. :rotf

The Black Catalinas were later in the war so double check your markings. Also the 5A Catalinas (the ones with retracts) weren't used at Midway.

The Black Catalinas were later in the war so double check your markings. Also the 5A Catalinas (the ones with retracts) weren't used at Midway.

Ok thanks for spoiling it for me. :(

So I guess I'll sit this one out but no hard feelings. I just don't have much of anything to participate with.

So I guess I'll sit this one out but no hard feelings. I just don't have much of anything to participate with.

Don't give up the fight yet. VP-24, -44 and -51 used the PBY-5A and VP-23 the PBY-5 from Midway. The PBY-5A's didn't carry the Yagi antennas or bombs included in the Black Cat kit. Four aircraft from VP-24 and -51 carried out a torpedo attack on the night of 3-4 June against the Midway Occupation Force. When they were on their search missions they flew without external stores.

If you have decals that will work for a Midway PBY you are still in the hunt.

Cheers,
Rich

Don't give up the fight yet. VP-24, -44 and -51 used the PBY-5A and VP-23 the PBY-5 from Midway. The PBY-5A's didn't carry the Yagi antennas or bombs included in the Black Cat kit. Four aircraft from VP-24 and -51 carried out a torpedo attack on the night of 3-4 June against the Midway Occupation Force. When they were on their search missions they flew without external stores.

If you have decals that will work for a Midway PBY you are still in the hunt.

Cheers,
Rich

Yaaaayyyy. Thanks Rich. let me go blow my nose and I promise to be a good boy from now on....

Back