• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Campaign for 2017- Midway

We did get the necessary 10 ;)

Really enjoyed building my Trumpy SBD kit a few years back- enjoy it Paul!

Let's do June start and 6 months. Hopefully we'll be on the new server then.

Work load is about to get lightened up, two projects are coming to a close.

May I suggest a 12 months build I look at past builds and we have a lot more finishes with 12 months (Not counting MMM though)

I was hoping for an earlier start, Bob. with a 9 month run. It will be done by Nov if we start in April.
Please,please,please, pretty please with Tenax on it? :rotf :rotf :rotf :D

April 2-6 75 years ago- Japanese Naval general Staff gives tentative approval for Midway invasion.

This is my first time heading up a campaign here at MA but I think the list usually happens when we get a topic listed in the Current Campaign sections- but going through this whole thread (and people may change what they initially posted about obviously)-

Me- 1/32 Czech Model Midway Buffalo
Gary- A6M2 Zero
Chris S- SBD
Gator Kenny-1/72 F4F
Paul- ?
Rhino- ?
Iambrb- 1/72 Kate
Luiz- Dauntless
Paul (Heavens Eagle)- 1/32 Czech Model Midway Buffalo
Jeff- ?
Dave- Airfix SBD
John- Monogram B-26 plus goodies
jugjunkie- 1/32 Trumpeter Avenger 1C
James-- SBD
SA Dave- Enterprise SBD

I also seem to have the 1/32 scale Brewster Buffalo and it has the markings for one of the Midway aircraft, so we shall see how it turns out.

Jeeves- 1/32 Czech Model Midway Buffalo
Gary- A6M2 Zero
Chris S- SBD
Gator Kenny-1/72 F4F
Paul- ?
Rhino- ?
You- ?
Luiz- ?
Paul (Heavens Eagle)- 1/32 Czech Model Brewster Buffalo (in Midway Markings)
Jeff- ?
Dave- ?

Looking forward to seeing your versions of the SBD Dave and Luiz!

Looks like Gary's Zero is outnumbered :rotf :rotf

Sorry man- but there were only Buffalos and Wildcats at Midway bud...Corsairs probably weren't even on the drawing board yet...

75 years ago today.... Corregidor surrendered.

Tommorow May 7th through the 11th marks the 75th anniversary of the Battle of the Coral Sea...Yorktown was damaged and limped back to Pearl Harbor where it was repaired quickly and sent back to Midway. The Americans also lost the carrier Lexington and a destroyer.

The IJN lost the light carrier Shōhō and suffered damage to the Shōkaku and the depleted air fleet of Zuikaku, successfully knocking them out of the impending battle at Midway.

I'd like to join in on this one, I'd like to do an Accurate Miniatures TBF-1 but all I have is the 1C kit, don't think they made a -1. Whatever, I also have lots of SBD's. A B-26 would be fun but it would have to be an early short wing bird which also needs modification from easily available kits. What to do!

THANKS! haven't made up my mind yet. will wait and see how things roll on with the new job first!

Back