• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

AFV CLUB M-40 Conversion to a M-43

Looking good Tony. Are the wheels on the two bogeys just press fit on, or are looking to see which way is easier??
James

Just a press fit James. Never had much luck with painting a completely assembled unit so I paint them separate so as to get in all the recesses well. :)

How's it going for you today buddy? Your little rocket finished? :D

Tony lee :)

Not bad for a Monday. Weird shift this week so not much time for modeling. Rocket hasnt moved.

Looking forward to more Tony......oh and I probably shouldnt tease you but I just saw what I think could be an SPG from AFV based on a British Heavy. Let me know if you want more info :evil:
James

I think I know the one you're referring too James,odd looking thing.

Shoot me a link just in case please

Tony lee

One of these:

GB-Churchill3inGunCarrier.jpg

Will find the model link when I get home.

James

Yep that's the one.
I was going to look it up and see if it went into production but it slipped my mind.

Thanks
Tony lee

OK here we go:
Churchill 3inch motor carriage= 50 were produced between 1941 and 1942 but they never saw action.

Oh well
Tony lee

I really thought I took some pictures of them.

It's these.

http://www.perthmilitarymodelling.com/newkitnews/kaizen.html

No less than 10 parts per track. not to mention sprue gates to clean up. I think I did three and looked for the Friuls.

I figure one day when I'm really really bored and have absolutely nothing else to do...I'd give them a shot. In theory they should be 100% workable but it's a lot of work.

Hey :Hiay

I had to put some color on to get the paint behind the next added parts.
This is Vallejo Olive Drab which looked to be a little on the brown side so I added a squirt of Dark Yellow
to tone it down on the exterior. The interior is right out of the bottle.

I also shot a light coat of Dark Earth on the tub and bogies

What do you think OD addicts?????

Wheels get painted tomorrow
Thanks
Tony lee

Another Update

I sprayed Tamiya OD as the base on the gun for some color variation.

I hope your weekend is going well.
See you Monday
Tony lee

Back