• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

AFV CLUB M-40 Conversion to a M-43

Oh yeah I remember that set. It's been out awhile now but I had forgotten about it (y)

Thanks for the reminder buddy
Tony lee

Here some more for James.

Both side almost finish except for the T bar I need.

One projo empty because a fused ready round will be in the loading cradle.

That's it for this week,see you Monday
Thanks for looking at my project
Tony lee

Small update for you

Bits and pieces, "T"bar for projectile retainer plate and projectile lift base post installed.

Hope you're have a great weekend folks, raining here.
Tony lee :)

Curious about those clear cupola Tony, do you mask off the view ports or just come back and paint them?

I tried to use masking fluid on the M-40 but it didn't work too well so I just hand painted them flat black and clear coated with Future.
Will probably do the same thing to this one too Pup.

Tony lee

Yeah, pretty small windows to cover. I tried to on the Sherman but didn't work out to well. Ended up actually scrubbing out the paint and hitting it with Future afterwards. But wouldn't do that again!

Pup I turned the piece up on edge so the window was more or less level and placed a well thinned drop of flat black in the center and let it flow out to the edges so all that was left to paint was the area in the center not covered, worked liked a charm. (y)

Thanks Sir James :D
Tony lee

Everybody ready for the weekend? :D

The other day while searching for more M-43 pictures on the net I noticed several didn't have a bow travel lock for the barrel?????

I found this shot on Toadman's site that might explain why, a rear travel lock.

Is this an early variant mod or maybe a lazy crew mod? :hmmm

Anyhooo I thought I would just be different and go with the rear lock and leave the bow lock off. :)
Inspecting the underside of the recuperator housing and on either side of the vertical gear of the model there are location spots for the lock attachment blocks but none of this rear lock is provided in the kit.

After digging in the spares box and Evergreen inventory I threw this together.

Never fear the attaching point brackets are under the housing too.

Have a good one folks
Tony lee

Man its all in the details isnt it ? Nice pick up and scratch job Tony. Still enjoying watching this.
James :popcorn

Everybody ready for the weekend? :D

The other day while searching for more M-43 pictures on the net I noticed several didn't have a bow travel lock for the barrel?????

I found this shot on Toadman's site that might explain why, a rear travel lock.

Is this an early variant mod or maybe a lazy crew mod? :hmmm

Anyhooo I thought I would just be different and go with the rear lock and leave the bow lock off. :)
Inspecting the underside of the recuperator housing and on either side of the vertical gear of the model there are location spots for the lock attachment blocks but none of this rear lock is provided in the kit.

After digging in the spares box and Evergreen inventory I threw this together.

Never fear the attaching point brackets are under the housing too.

Have a good one folks
Tony lee

nice scratch work Tony :soldier

Back