• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A Tribute to my Grandad

Update - rigging going in.

hfcb45e4.JPG

h7437930.JPG

h4f5730c.JPG

So far so good I think ...let's see the next bits, hopefully they go in decently .....

Laurence

Looks great, Laurence!

Thanks Chuck :notworthy

Disaster struck couple of days ago and everything I had done came unstuck - so had to start again. This is the rigging done, managed to finish it this morning.

h064bee0.JPG

h4437824.JPG

hc1d0b0c.JPG

Next step - few PE bits, then painting and canopy painting. Yikes

Thanks for watching

Laurence

Looking very good there Lawrence ... I had a similar problem on my old Matchbox kit ... top wing too heavy for the struts ... I made some out of brass angle with a piece of brass strip in the middle ... crushed angle on the strip, then I filled the gap with solder ... Your solution is very nice ... I couldn't find the right size tube ... way to think outside the Kit Box ... I think lots of us were thrown for a loop back in the early days of modeling ... Excellent looking bird, your Grandad would be most proud ... (y) :pilot :popcorn

So many kind words, thank you all :notworthy

Painting and masking now ....

h5929bf8.JPG

ha2ce95e.JPG

The antenna wire was a pain to do and I am not claiming I got it right either.

h28bd856.JPG

I have noticed something interesting about this plane. Found an image on the net proving I was right.

h374e8e7.jpg

The yellow band on the fuselage is in front of the cross and they overlap a bit

Boxart shows it the other way around and no overlapping ...

h77cca3c_2016-02-05.JPG

Glad I noticed this prior to painting the model, I think it's an interesting little thing.

Thanks for watching,

Laurence

Looking very good Laurence... Congrats on finding the right color scheme ... Hang on I'm going to get more ... :popcorn

Adding to this whole saga, I have identified a few more details that are only meant to add to the thrill ride I'm on right now

Cowling - dark green, cowling end NOT green but at least yellow if not flat white. Have a look below

hc7eed00.JPG

Moving on, there is a machine gun on the upper wing, but not central, more towards the starboard - here are the blueprints:

h601ef6a.JPG

Also mud flaps and a very shiny reflective propeller - see below

h2298f0a.JPG

JOY !!!

Laurence

Wowzers ... Mud flaps & MG's nice find Laurence ... always good to find this stuff ... In my research on the railroad that came by my house I found a photo of people in the closes town waiting on the train ... nice score dude ... :woohoo: (y)

Back