• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A Tribute to my Grandad

This is the finish line for what it has been a challenge and a half for so many reasons. In saying that, I have to admit that I would do it again because it means so much to me.

Gentlemen, all of you who have made comments on this build, I owe you a debt of gratitude and appreciation for your kind words and encouragement. It means more to me than words can ever tell. THANK YOU !!!

The photo behind the model was taken on the 26th of June 1941. I will celebrate 75 years since that photo was taken in few months' time, and I would like to raise a glass not just to my Grandad's memory, but to every single man and woman who answered the call of duty.

It may be a coincidence that I managed to finish this model the day before ANZAC Day, which is a big celebration in Australia. It is a very emotional day and a fantastic opportunity to learn more about the history, the sacrifice, the memory of so many serving their country.

LEST WE FORGET

This is what I think will be displayed at the upcoming expos.

hfb134b1.JPG

Without the photo.

h4ffce5d.JPG

The plaque that I managed to get done today reads ...

h8036e77.JPG

Rest In Peace Grandad, this one's for you.

Laurence

:notworthy

Great job Laurence! :salute

Back