• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A pair of Academy P-38's for Tom

I would like to point out that some of what you think is a seem ( wing root to fuselage panel ) is actually a weld bead .

Maybe that'll make things easier on you. :)

Cheers, Christian B)

I tried to call a seam an Expansion Joint, it didn't fly either. :rotf :rotf :rotf :pilot

I would like to point out that some of what you think is a seem ( wing root to fuselage panel ) is actually a weld bead .

Maybe that'll make things easier on you. :)

Cheers, Christian B)

I tried to call a seam an Expansion Joint, it didn't fly either. :rotf :rotf :rotf :pilot

The P-51 has a weld mark on the trailing edge fairing just like this . Most people probably make themselves nuts trying to sand it smooth :rotf

Up on it's legs (y)

Relatively easy day at work (I work from home so double-bonus :woohoo: ), so got a little more done. D*mn camera has eaten all its' batteries again so have to make do with phone-pics.

heabe516.jpg

he95fa72.jpg

Hopefully more tomorrow. Thanks for taking the time to look and/or comment.

Ian.

This is really buggin' me. I went back and checked on the original Eduard P38 build that I ordered the correct parts.

http://store.spruebrothers.com/product_p/ars4564.htm

That says P38J for Academy right? Just can't figure out what windscreen they used. I may go in for some major surgery to fix this. Still smokin' it over. Festering more like it....

Wooo dude!!

An hour with the dremal and look what happened.

I popped the offensive resin part off with the razor saw and some strategic nudging withe the chisel.

Sanded down the exterior detail flush with the IP coaming, cut off a good but if the forward wall. Sanded down the interior of the kit part till it fit over the resin, put it all back together and "slap da grey matter back jack", "Got to be runnin' cold up side his head"

he41258d.jpg

h7baa82d.jpg

h8df3562.jpg

Shehhhh man.. (Golly)

:coolio :D

Game back on Ian, how you doing?

Dang Bob that's a lot of work you had to do there. P-38 kits must have something against you :rotf Looks like you're beating it into submission :bat

Dang Bob that's a lot of work you had to do there. P-38 kits must have something against you :rotf Looks like you're beating it into submission :bat

Well it's not pulling no Pips Priller on me. :pilot

Thanks guys, it's really been buggin me, even woke up last night thinking about doing this.

:v

OK, if you're sure... Well this afternoon after work, I'm hoping to get the first paint on...

Ian.

Well I'm packing my bags to head out to Phoenix AZ tomorrow so it won't be much going on at the Casa da Dogwood. I'm just glad I got a fix for this thing and pressing forward.

Think I'm going to use the new AK Interactive NMF stuff and see how it does.

Back