• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A pair of Academy P-38's for Tom

Lets see, the angles look good from all directions,strut air pressure seems to be correct.
Did you put her up on jacks and cycle the gear to see if the limit switch timings all function?

If so sign off on the red crosses and you're go to go Boss.

Uncle Tony :eek:ldguy

Well, hey ...How about checking the oil and fuel ? :idonno

Cheers, Christian B)

And she's up!

haaa23d2.jpg

Landing gear submitted for inspection

h1f6ecc5.jpg

hae95813.jpg

Next up, Landing gear doors and some stickers. :pilot

That's starting to looks really good Bob ! (y) (y)

Not quite as much light in that cube as I would have thought :hmmm

Cheers, Christian B)

Lets see, the angles look good from all directions,strut air pressure seems to be correct.
Did you put her up on jacks and cycle the gear to see if the limit switch timings all function?

If so sign off on the red crosses and you're go to go Boss.

Uncle Tony :eek:ldguy

Well, hey ...How about checking the oil and fuel ? :idonno

Cheers, Christian B)

...and catch that windscreen too while yer at it. :drinks

Looking very good Bob ... all kidding aside ... excellent Paint job ... now about those stickers ... I'm thing you should maybe graduate to Decals .... :woohoo: (y) :rotf

She's up and propped.

ha0c18f3.jpg

h518bf53.jpg

h982a0ee.jpg

Pulled the rest of the mask off, everything sealed up nicely, no issues! The landing gear doors suck, can't get them to square off with the well, did the best I can, doubt this one will leave the shop because of it.

I'm going to put this on the back burner for a bit, not long. Want to get these campaigns I've committed to finished. Come on guys, let's git'em done. :coolio :good:

I knew that walk thru the Eduard booth at the IPMS show secretly lit your fire to complete the P-38. That totally explains that thousand yard stare you had in Old Dog's pic of us. ;)

Seriously that is really gorgeous, my favotite pro plane of them all! :notworthy

She's up and propped.

ha0c18f3.jpg

h518bf53.jpg

h982a0ee.jpg

Pulled the rest of the mask off, everything sealed up nicely, no issues! The landing gear doors suck, can't get them to square off with the well, did the best I can, doubt this one will leave the shop because of it.

I'm going to put this on the back burner for a bit, not long. Want to get these campaigns I've committed to finished. Come on guys, let's git'em done. :coolio :good:

Wooo....bringing up an self queen here. I got stumped on the landing gear doors. can't figure out how they suppose to mate to the sides.

Wooo....bringing up an self queen here. I got stumped on the landing gear doors. can't figure out how they suppose to mate to the sides.

If it is anything like the Academy P-38 I built a few years back, there wasn't really a positive placement for the doors :bang head

If it is anything like the Academy P-38 I built a few years back, there wasn't really a positive placement for the doors :bang head

It's exactly like the Academy P-38, it is one. :pilot :facepalm

Had the Eduard gear door hinges but I couldn't get them in right. The complex curves of the doors and nacelle just didn't cooperate.

Back