• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/32 P-38M "M" for madness

Well, I got some bench time today, finally!.I used MM metalizer alum. Its the perfect color, I`ve been trying for ages to find this shade and sheen. But, here is what I got done, not much but its something. The hyd. lines and sissor links will be added later to keep from demolishing them......Harv :silly:

100_2075.jpg

100_2074.jpg

One small update, but one I`m very excited about. Been playing with this for a while, and I think I nailed it! Air tube hoses and bands.Not quite finished, but you get the look Well....What do you all think??............Harv :silly: :
100_2076.jpg

TADA! Well, big update for me! The engine is in and all the pluming. Had to stuff a lot in and it was a head ache. But I`m very pleased with it so far. I still have a few little things to do to the other half before gluing it on. Please let me know what you think. I love feedback, good or bad!.....Harv :silly:

100_2080.jpg

100_2079.jpg

100_2084.jpg

100_2083.jpg

Harv, if you got a headache over this I'll send some BC Powders, You're nailing it! Can't wait to see it all in place.

Thanks MP. Headache is gone....for now! WOW, almost 1000 hits, I`m impressed! No pics yet. Dry fitting the rudder and it looks good.Just a little tweeking. Will post more pics soon.....Harv :silly:

Fist off, I`m amazed at the quality of work going on here! Truly awesome
A small update: I am in the process of glueing the boom halves together. Got the rudder in ok. The rear half of the boom went together very well. A few little "bad" spots, mostly my fault. The front is another story. As you can see in the pics, I have a very obvious gap up front. I have the front cowl half on and will finis when I get the gap fixed. Any suggestions? Thinking of using some card in it. Well any help? Enjoy....I am....Harv

100_2096.jpg

100_2097.jpg

100_2098.jpg

100_2099.jpg
:silly:

Ok, a couple of pics of the fix. After squeezing the snot out of it to join flush with front cowling, It closed up enough to just use filler glue and sand. I like the way it came out. Comments?.....Harv :silly:
100_2104.jpg

100_2105.jpg

If you used cyanoacrylate cement, you may want to scribe it before it becomes too hard.

Regards,

Saul, too late! Once again, more updates. I really hope I'm not boring anyone with all this.It does get a bit repetitive at times
Anyway, switching gears here. Put the boom away for a while so I can start on my favorite part of building...the pit!This is where I cut up an expensive kit. I am not use to hacking plastic, but sofar so good. First pic is just started the cut
100_2107.jpg

After cuting, Jerry's piece sitting in the hole
100_2108.jpg

The next 2 are fitting

100_2109.jpg

100_2110.jpg

And the last ,glued in , but no sanding yet. Please, comments are very welcome....Harv :silly:
100_2111.jpg

100_2112.jpg

100_2113.jpg

Re:1/32 P-38M

dirtball wrote:
Fist off, I`m amazed at the quality of work going on here! Truly awesome
A small update: I am in the process of glueing the boom halves together. Got the rudder in ok. The rear half of the boom went together very well. A few little "bad" spots, mostly my fault. The front is another story. As you can see in the pics, I have a very obvious gap up front. I have the front cowl half on and will finis when I get the gap fixed. Any suggestions? Thinking of using some card in it. Well any help? Enjoy....I am....Harv
Images snipped:

Hi there.

I realize that you now have the gap closed but I thought I'd share something with you in case this crops up again.

Sometimes a fix can be extremely simple. I had a kit that had the same gap problem you experienced. After very careful examination I was able to locate the problem. All it was were a couple of the alignment pins were too wide at their bases (where it joined the part)to fit far enough into the matching hole for the gap to close. Sanding residue in the holes can also cause the alignment pins to not seat fully. It's a simple fix but some people do overlook it just because it's so simple.

I hope this helps.

Cheers from Peter

Re:1/32 P-38M

Shawn, thanks for looking in. Peter, thanks for the tip!. But in my case, the locator pins in this area were actualy too short, so that wasn't the prob. I think a great deal of it had to do with all the stuff I crammed in there! There is quite a lot.I really am having fun with this build, and I hope it shows....Harv :silly:

Back