• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

WnW Albatross D.Va (OAW).

Thank you again gentlemen.

Yes Paul, it is an amazing feeling to finish something. I truly can't remember the last model I started and finished.

Bob, the weather on the wing is way overdone, tailplane too, but it is what it is. Playing around with a handbrush and washes got me into the mess then it was scrambling to fix without having to strip the lozenge and individual tape strips. Then I originally decided I didn't want to paint the tail, but go lozenge, then decided to stick with the actual aircraft, so I soaked and scraped the decals, masked and painted the black and white stripes, weathered, then decided one small, light spray of smoke since it would be in the exhaust stream. So when do you think my moisture trap decides to vomit?

I forgot to drill holes out for the cowl strap, didn't rig the control surfaces and in retro, I would have avoided the lozenge altogether and went with a paintable finish. This build was about busting out of my norm, in subject matter, actual matter and determination so I accomplished that. I'll revisit the under carriage weather if/when I put it on a base, but I may just hang it since I don't much flat surface storage areas.

Anyway, it's finished and I'm happy.

Thanks again.

I was saving them for the base. They are over sprayed with the same color as the rest, but over the grey/blue it just looks green.

I'm going to see if there's a way to suspend it in an attitude that shows off the cockpit and engine as much as possible. If so, I'll hit the wheels with some pigments.

I'm afraid of this on a base, at least in my shop. It's too fragile to survive. At least suspended it has a fighting chance.

Terrific job all around Ausf!!! Congratulations!!!

There is something especially satisfying about actually finishing a kit ...(or so I've heard...)

I definitely want to do one of those WnW's kits, might even be the same one you just did.

Tom

Thanks Tom,

You won't be disappointed.

And by the way...broke the anemometer. I tried stress relieving the sprue and everything, slowly creeping up to it with the Xurons, but snap went one cup. Then while attempting to reattach, it disappeared as predicted. I think I inhaled it, but it may be embedded somewhere.

Back