• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

vulcan 2 pounder

Re: vulcan 2 pounder and fine molds type 95's

Hi

just a quick update on how these little devils go together.
type95whitemetalpieces.jpg

type95runninggear.jpg

and a barrel which I have to drill out :hmmm
type9537mmgunbarrel.jpg

type951.jpg

1 down ,1 to go go :pinch:
finemoldstype95.jpg

The modelkasten track for both are on the way (y) :D

Michael :)

Nice Mike, thanks for sharing now let's get those things together!

Hi again,

Here is the latest update completing the second Ha Go Tank with all the components in sub assembly layout ready for painting.

The modelkasten track is extremely well detailed,a little fragile but will look the part in lieu of the rubber band track .

The end connector pins and clean up will take a lot of time but its worth it in the long run .
hagotanktrack3.jpg

type95hagotrack2.jpg

type95track.jpg

type95hagotanks.jpg

Michael

Thanks for sharing Mike. We were talking about the type 95 the other day. Looks like your efforts are going to pay off.

Very cool Mike. Whats all the metal? I know some looks like tow cables, but what are the other pieces?
James

Looking good.

Smart move with the MK tracks there my friend.

Question, What color would the gun be?

I have looked and looked, but the only refs I can find address wheeled and tracked vehicles in specific theatres and times.

G

Thanks everyone for your kind words.

James,
The white metal pieces are for the unusual looking jack.parts of the exhaust ,locking latch on the rear deck and the tow cable.

AgentG ,

I'm going to try and match the colour of the gun with the box art.It looks like a khaki olive colour.
The colour looks like the same colour they painted the soft skin trucks.

Michael

ok,next installment of work

completed 1 set of tracks .
The detail from rubber band track to the modelkasten track is a huge difference although if I had a second choice of track I would have used fruil track .More durable to wear and tear.
4 hours from trimming to gluing together.
I found the links still come apart in sections after gluing the pins in place .
type95track1a.jpg

type95trackrubbervsplastic.jpg

The drive sprockets are almost identical although the modelkasten track uses a spacer.I'll stick with the modelkasten sprockets at this stage .
type95drivesprocket1a.jpg

The rear fender has been damaged up to try and compare with the example.There is still more work to replicate and more to follow .
exampletype95copy.jpg

type95damagedfender.jpg

Michael

modelkasten = no pain, no gain!

they will look wonderful on your tank and you did a splendid job on both, the tracks and the tank!

waiting for further updates! :cheer:

Looking good. I know fruil is the only way I'll go after building and repairing my T-34 tracks. They look awesome, but are so fragile.
James

MIKE,

I agree , Cool lookin Tank !! Lookin forward to seein this Project come together ! Great Start. The Vulcan looks Great !

Nice work Mike , I said it before and I'll say it again , ......... it's nice to see you using the Pacific theater for this build rather than the North African thing , ........... nice !!!

Thank you Glen and Panzerace 007

To keep the project on track here is a few images of the groundwork base layout before it gets coated in wall filler.

As to the distance of the gun to the 2 jap tanks I think I've nailed it .Its not going to close and its not too far .
The styrofoam was coated with turpentine on a brush.The styrofoam dissolves and leaves uneven surfaces for the groundwork.
The next stage will be coating the base with a wall filler mixed with acrylic paints and bird sand ,or the finest sand you can get your hands on.
This will leave depth in the groundwork and will not look too smooth.

More to follow with the groundwork .
baselayout2.jpg

baselayout1.jpg

baselaout3.jpg

baselayout4.jpg

Cheers
Michael

Hi Mike, Really good suff (y) (y)

Like something a little different and this is it!!!

Can't wait to see where you go with the base....Randy

Very cool Thats a big diorama for such small weapons. Man when you think about it that takes some guts to be that close to 2 charging tanks. Awesome stuff. (y) (y) (y)
James

That's big, I suppose it takes some practice with the turpentine to keep control of how much surface you want it to eat away.

Great stuff Mike. Thanks for sharing!

Back